Ghost Town Reform Forum

**** Oscar. The people listed as running it have no integrity and are bankruptcy prone.

Better to know you have crappy coverage than pay for decent coverage and find out it's crappy.

Family and friends that could pass are on Farm Bureau HDHP admin by UHC. FB is out on ACA plans next yr.

Looking for alternatives for offEx nonsubsidized people.

2 new Senators announced opposition to the current bill last night. That makes 4 total. Mitch already admitted defeat this morning.

One jumped ship because it "does not go far enough" to repeal ACA.... the other because it "goes too far" and takes away coverage from tens of millions of Americans.

After all this, Trump just said they will come back with a "great healthcare plan".

Sorry, but I have zero faith that Congress will come up with any plan that is remotely close to "great" when it comes to healthcare.

This issue is destroying our economy, which will destroy this country eventually. Time for Medicare/Medicaid for all and just be done with it. Let the private market sell supp plans.

----------

Eat lots of fresh veggies, drink lots of water, drive slowly, and pray multiple times a day that nothing happens to you.

simple.....tell them to find a friend who also needs health and form a LLC...SCORP...INC......call it Feed Up With Obamacare and write a 2 man group...

Find a friend?.....SO just form a fake LLC? are you sure that type of circumvention sounds very very shady.

There is nothing wrong with friends going into business together....as a matter of fact group HMO'S are cheaper than ACA HMO....just got rates this morning on a Husband and wife group......

ACA
Blue Advantage Bronze HMO 105 - Two $40 PCP Visits - HMO
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
Bronze
Monthly Premium
$1,153

Deductible
$6,850
per person
Max Out of Pocket
$7,150
2 $40 visits per year

Group HMO Plan
B652ADT*4
Monthly Premium
$755.44

Deductible
$6750
per person
Max Out of Pocket
$7,150
$40 visits no limit

Group PPO
B652CHC*4
Monthly Premium
$1,269.24

Deductible
$6750
per person
Max Out of Pocket
$7,150
$40 visits no limit

Last edited:
Find a friend?.....SO just form a fake LLC? are you sure that type of circumvention sounds very very shady.

Hmmm...

Keep in mind, they are allowing husband/wife groups with the LLC only documentation. (And they probably aren't catching parent/child over 18)

I just had one rejected because I didn't have payroll/TWC. Because they thought it was friends (wife didn't change her name) not H/W. Had to fight that battle.

2 friends doing it, without more documentation, is going to get way too grey for me. However, when BCBS was saying "no" last year, I had some form the LLC, get payroll and produce a TWC to get group.

I just had one rejected because I didn't have payroll/TWC. Because they thought it was friends (wife didn't change her name) not H/W. Had to fight that battle.

were both people listed as officers on the LLC.....

For the life of me I do not see how anyone can see massive monthly premiums coupled with $13,500 and /or more out of pocket before these ACA plans pick up ANY coverage - beyond the occasional Dr office visit - can POSSIBLY be a good deal to anyone. In SC we only have 1 carrier -- it is a EPO with tiny networks - premiums and deductibles will go UP in 2018 and these people are bleeding money. IF you are on the government dole (subsidized coverage) then it might be worthwhile to them - IF they can find a provider who will take it. Only the very ill and pregnant need to even consider Obamacare - last time I checked it seems that out of the $380 million humans that live in the US only about 9 million actually PAY a ACA premium - the rest of the "expansion" is the expansion of Medicaid so it is all smoke and mirrors and I believe it will absolutely crash and burn from its own weight in 2018 = 2019 at the very most Then it will get interesting

There is nothing wrong with friends going into business together....as a matter of fact group HMO'S are cheaper than ACA HMO....just got rates this morning on a Husband and wife group......

ACA
Blue Advantage Bronze HMO 105 - Two $40 PCP Visits - HMO
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
Bronze
Monthly Premium
$1,153

Deductible
$6,850
per person
Max Out of Pocket
$7,150
2 $40 visits per year

Group HMO Plan
B652ADT*4
Monthly Premium
$755.44

Deductible
$6750
per person
Max Out of Pocket
$7,150
$40 visits no limit

Group PPO
B652CHC*4
Monthly Premium
$1,269.24

Deductible
$6750
per person
Max Out of Pocket
$7,150
$40 visits no limit

That was NOT my comment... my comment was how can it be legal to form a group for the sole purpose of circumventing federal and state group health insurance laws... Is there ANY chance the carrier investigates after the fact of a claim and terminates for failing to meet the legal guidelines of the group laws?

Just not worth the extreme risk.... Would love to have the group posted to chime in and comment since I don't do group I could be wrong and this it totally above board...

Back