Golden Rule 2015 Commissions

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I noticed that new commission schedules are posted on the UHOne broker portal.

I don't write much GR business (just got released from an FMO to UH1 direct) but the commission structure is different than other carriers in that Off Exchange business is a much lower rate than On Exchange.

I am at Tier 1B1 for Off Exchange, less than 20 policies is 3%/3%/3% while for On Exchange it is 8%/4%/2%. Off Exchange, 20 policies or more is 4%/4%/4%.

I don't normally let commission rates get in the way of doing the best thing for clients but it seems like UH1 wants business to be On Exchange rather than Off Exchange-the most likely reason is that the On Exchange business will be much more profitable for them.

Wow, UH/GR/Oxford in NY was paying a whopping $5 flat fee, even on their $2,000+ family plans. 8% is quite the incentive.

Companies here are offering similar "enhanced compensation" on exchange, and quite a few are offering Q4 bonuses for certain production levels. It's clear where each company is trying to drive business.

I assume it's due to the different network OFF exchange?
More expensive expansive network, less margins = less commissions?

IN FL - using Compass ON exchange, and Navigate Plus OFF exchange

I don't know, they didn't make it very easy.

Wasn't there an HHS rule before 2014 O.E. stating that carriers are prohibited from using commissions to steer agents Exchange vs Non-Exchange?

They filed under two separate insurance companies On and OFF (loophole).

And if anything, the ON exchange is higher, and the gov't would love everyone to be steered toward the exchange (not away)

The ON exchange plans have anorexic networks (Compass). Off exchange is better. In some states, it's the Navigate network, and in other states it's Choice.

3% WTF! One of their reps called me earlier to tell me they are coming back to IL. She said she hopes they can earn my business again. LOL LOL!

3% WTF! One of their reps called me earlier to tell me they are coming back to IL. She said she hopes they can earn my business again. LOL LOL!

Sam, read what I posted for us in the Illinois thread. Out of the entire state, only 1 county On-Exchange. Cook county. 3% commission sounds about right for a company that's only here to say that they tried. Their reward will be to collect millions of dollars from Uncle Sam's risk-corridor bailout.

----------

They filed under two separate insurance companies On and OFF (loophole).

And if anything, the ON exchange is higher, and the gov't would love everyone to be steered toward the exchange (not away)

Am Watching a recorded version of the UHC 2015 Rollout Slideshow now at:
Brainshark

Illinois policies written on-exchange (subsidized or non-subsidized) will be written through "United Healthcare of the Midwest".

Off-Exchange policies will be through "United Healthcare Life Insurance" company. (Formerly American Medical Security insurance company)

No mention of Golden Rule at all. Are they pretty much out of ACA major medical business? I have a few pre-2014 G.R. clients. They can keep it until the end of 2015..or their 2016 policy anniversary date.
ac

Another driver is that for on exchange plans the carriers pay the govt a %, have to look up the document but if memory serves it is in the 3% range.

Back