Got a Few Questions

Bryan T.

I've been out of the insurance business loop for a few years and I'm heading toward getting back in. With my knowledge from my past I have a few questions I want to see if they can be answered.

I've been reading about Oblamacare for a long time. I've read the comments on the new articles online and even got some folks stirred up. Back in September, I made a statement, with my limited knowledge of the law, only what I had read. I said, "Fasten your seatbelts America. You're in for a wild ride. It isn't going to be pretty."

Then, after the fiasco started, I asked them, "Did I have a premonition or was it the fact I knew the Federal Government is involved?" Once again I stirred some up and I hope I haven't offended anyone here. But I have a lot of questions and I'll list a few.

I was licensed for 19 years mainly in Life Accident and Health. I also during those years acquired a P & C license and the last was a Legal License. With those 19 years and all the Continuing Education that went along with it. I think I have a fair grasp on insurance in general and even a little bit on the law side.

I have also read where a lot of the General Public Experts have read the law and know everything about it, which is in my opinion an outright lie or Scotty needs to beam them somewhere. I have the law downloaded on my computer and I started reading from the top one day and got bored and started skimming. Some of you may have done the same. I keep it in case I really get bored and have nothing to do I"ll go back and attempt to find where I left off in those 906 pages in the PDF document I downloaded. In my opinion it would take an individual with Einstien's brain and a photographic memory to know it all.

It's no wonder Congress didn't read the thing. I would imagine to date, Obama himself, probably hasn't read it. I think he has proven that already. Having said all that, now my questions.

1. Why did it require a government website to enroll? Couldn't the site have just directed a person to the insurance company's sites for the state they live in?
2. Have any of you thought about what could have been done with the initial 610 million and counting spent on the website?
3. What is the expertise of the people on the website or phone helping the individuals enroll?
4. Are they licensed or have they just been run through a crash course?
5. Whose keeping an eye on the insurance companies? I read where the initial rates were run by the insurance commisioners, but they really had no say.
6. Do the people get an actual policy signed off on the last page with the company's executive or do they just get a card?
7. What did the people actually get to find out about their particular plan they chose? All I could find were deductibles, co-pays, maximum out pocket expenses, and coinsurance amounts. I didn't sign up though.
8. Are there limitations and exclusions? I know they say come one come all, we'll take care of you for life with no limits. I never saw a real policy without some limitations and exclusions. Even a so called 100% plan.
9.Where is one going to have to go in search a doctor, hospital and pharmacy? I read one woman's story in CA for example, and her nearest network hospital and doctor would be 2 1/2 hours away. I saw an add on TV for one company, after the website fiasco, and they were telling the availability of pharmacies. There were a whopping 2000 participating pharmacies nationwide. I'm sure my corner non-chain pharmacy has got to be one.
10. What's the quality of care one will receive at a participating doctor or hospital?
11. How long will it be, and I'm sure there is a contract with Oblamacare, before doctors and hospitals drop out of the networks?
12. I saw this as an actuarial nightmare from the beginning. Any thoughts there?
13. How high will the premiums go for this, not so affordable care, after there is some actual claims history. I realize it depends on the given geographical area.
14. How many will still be left out in the cold, so to speak?
15. Will we ever really get any true numbers on this?
16. Any guesses on what the future holds?
17. Obama changed the rules. What little I read was pretty date specific and I only got as far as the beginning implemtation. I've read, "It's the Law of the Land" and that is true, but we all know or should know only Congress can change a law. Or did I not get far enough to read where it says, In the beginning Obama can do what ever he wants without amendment from Congress?
18. Last, but not least. Is this really insurance as I knew it back in the day?

These are just a few of the questions I have. I'm sure the answers are buried in the law. Maybe, I need to get back to reading.

Any help in understanding this would be greatly appreciated.

I've been out of the insurance business loop for a few years and I'm heading toward getting back in. With my knowledge from my past I have a few questions I want to see if they can be answered.

I've been reading about Oblamacare for a long time. I've read the comments on the new articles online and even got some folks stirred up. Back in September, I made a statement, with my limited knowledge of the law, only what I had read. I said, "Fasten your seatbelts America. You're in for a wild ride. It isn't going to be pretty."

Then, after the fiasco started, I asked them, "Did I have a premonition or was it the fact I knew the Federal Government is involved?" Once again I stirred some up and I hope I haven't offended anyone here. But I have a lot of questions and I'll list a few.

I was licensed for 19 years mainly in Life Accident and Health. I also during those years acquired a P & C license and the last was a Legal License. With those 19 years and all the Continuing Education that went along with it. I think I have a fair grasp on insurance in general and even a little bit on the law side.

I have also read where a lot of the General Public Experts have read the law and know everything about it, which is in my opinion an outright lie or Scotty needs to beam them somewhere. I have the law downloaded on my computer and I started reading from the top one day and got bored and started skimming. Some of you may have done the same. I keep it in case I really get bored and have nothing to do I"ll go back and attempt to find where I left off in those 906 pages in the PDF document I downloaded. In my opinion it would take an individual with Einstien's brain and a photographic memory to know it all.

It's no wonder Congress didn't read the thing. I would imagine to date, Obama himself, probably hasn't read it. I think he has proven that already. Having said all that, now my questions.

1. Why did it require a government website to enroll? Couldn't the site have just directed a person to the insurance company's sites for the state they live in?
2. Have any of you thought about what could have been done with the initial 610 million and counting spent on the website?
3. What is the expertise of the people on the website or phone helping the individuals enroll?
4. Are they licensed or have they just been run through a crash course?
5. Whose keeping an eye on the insurance companies? I read where the initial rates were run by the insurance commisioners, but they really had no say.
6. Do the people get an actual policy signed off on the last page with the company's executive or do they just get a card?
7. What did the people actually get to find out about their particular plan they chose? All I could find were deductibles, co-pays, maximum out pocket expenses, and coinsurance amounts. I didn't sign up though.
8. Are there limitations and exclusions? I know they say come one come all, we'll take care of you for life with no limits. I never saw a real policy without some limitations and exclusions. Even a so called 100% plan.
9.Where is one going to have to go in search a doctor, hospital and pharmacy? I read one woman's story in CA for example, and her nearest network hospital and doctor would be 2 1/2 hours away. I saw an add on TV for one company, after the website fiasco, and they were telling the availability of pharmacies. There were a whopping 2000 participating pharmacies nationwide. I'm sure my corner non-chain pharmacy has got to be one.
10. What's the quality of care one will receive at a participating doctor or hospital?
11. How long will it be, and I'm sure there is a contract with Oblamacare, before doctors and hospitals drop out of the networks?
12. I saw this as an actuarial nightmare from the beginning. Any thoughts there?
13. How high will the premiums go for this, not so affordable care, after there is some actual claims history. I realize it depends on the given geographical area.
14. How many will still be left out in the cold, so to speak?
15. Will we ever really get any true numbers on this?
16. Any guesses on what the future holds?
17. Obama changed the rules. What little I read was pretty date specific and I only got as far as the beginning implemtation. I've read, "It's the Law of the Land" and that is true, but we all know or should know only Congress can change a law. Or did I not get far enough to read where it says, In the beginning Obama can do what ever he wants without amendment from Congress?
18. Last, but not least. Is this really insurance as I knew it back in the day?

These are just a few of the questions I have. I'm sure the answers are buried in the law. Maybe, I need to get back to reading.

Any help in understanding this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you taken a drug test lately?

Yes, it was and continues to be due to the constant changes.

The rest of your questions are probably best addressed by a brisk review of the posts in this forum.

Back