Gov. of Minnesota "ACA No Longer Affordable!"

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
The gov. of Minn. went on record.

“Ultimately I’m not trying to pass the buck here but the reality is the Affordable Care Act is no longer affordable,” Dayton said.

LINK

Premiums for 250,000 Minnesotans, or 5 percent of the population, insured under MNsure will skyrocket by 50 percent or more on some health plans.

“It is a crisis situation,” House Speaker Kurt Daudt said.

Daudt added this isn’t a time to place blame but instead to put politics aside.

“I think it’s a good step that the governor is now admitting that most Minnesotans can’t afford this and I think that’s a good first step to us now being able to work together to take some action to fix this so that we can find a solution that will get Minnesotans the health coverage they need at a cost they can afford,” Daudt said.

(sigh):mad:

These 2017 increases are bringing all manner of pressures on carriers from the public, the local and state politicians, from shareholders, and from HHS.

My guess is that agent commissions will be further slashed and eliminated. Even by carriers that start out on November 1st paying us for sales. I think United Healthcare did a middle of OEP commission cut to 0% didn't it?

Hmmmm....so no one thinks that the gov. will mandate comm. to agents?

...i guess there will be more openings for navigators. Good Luck America!

Mandated commissions? Nope. Time to find something new to do. That train has left the station.

I have no problem with the prediction of mandated commissions coming (like MAPD). The prediction is absolutely valid. However, the hurricane blew the farm in a different direction. At this point, mandated commissions with no carriers participating is a moot point. And, if there are carriers participating, that doesn't mean they will contract agents to sell their product, just like some carriers in the current "mandated commission" markets don't.

----------

As an example, take a look at this thread, about what is happening in the state of Nevada, where the DOI mandated commissions. Carriers are cancelling agent contracts.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...v-doi-commissioner-not-having-any-t84456.html

Back