Healthcare.gov Issues

This is one of the main reasons we chose not to participate with the government. Agents are being used to help the government to satisfy their numbers and being paid very little for the amount of work we now have to do. If you do any service work for your clients, you end up looking like the bad guy in most situations. Get up in the morning and try and sell more DI, Life & Medicare products. Hopefully one day we will be able to sell health insurance and conduct business like we should be able to do.

Very common issues and very unfortunate. I get the freaked out client calls too-they all think that their tax credits will be yanked when they get the letters, the calls, the voicemails.

I upload the documents and then capture the image that shows that they were uploaded and the date. Then when they still get the messages, either I call or we conference call the Marketplace. And the rep always states that it is "showing as they have been received, but aren't processed yet". And they can't give a date as it is always a different department (they must have about 20 different departments). So they put in for an extension.

And then, I mail the documents with the name, DOB, SSN, and application number to the Marketplace if all that doesn't work.

Too much work for such little return, but these are the same folks who buy dental, vision, life and all other ancillary policies as well as their medicare when they age in. At least someone appreciates the work!:err:

Is anyone else calling on clients that you know that you have an auth on file to speak to the Marketplace on their behalf and they tell you that it is no longer there? Tried today from a 1-yr auth from last week and getting the kids who try to sound like a recording that they need another verbal auth today?:skeptical:

Is anyone else calling on clients that you know that you have an auth on file to speak to the Marketplace on their behalf and they tell you that it is no longer there? Tried today from a 1-yr auth from last week and getting the kids who try to sound like a recording that they need another verbal auth today?:skeptical:

Unfortunately this is all too common. Just blame the incompetence on the Marketplace when you have to call your clients for another authorization.

I usually like to remind my clients when I call them to get the 2nd or 50th time to get the authorization that these are the people that are in charge of your health insurance....

Unfortunately this is all too common. Just blame the incompetence on the Marketplace when you have to call your clients for another authorization.

I usually like to remind my clients when I call them to get the 2nd or 50th time to get the authorization that these are the people that are in charge of your health insurance....

I do remind them. Although they are getting pretty savvy to the horrible customer service that they give there. Right up until annual enrollment, where we actually stand a chance of getting paid for an enrollment, when they call the client directly and sweetly ask if they can help them.

I have had it happen once or twice, but today is a record. And they just keep parroting the HIPPA message.

Back