Help Me with the Math

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
I've been reading that the total cost of the exchanges (both fed and states) is as low at $2.1 billion, $5 billion, maybe more?

There are about 320 million people in the US. Maybe 350 million including undocumented democrats.

Do that mean each person could have been handed around $6,000,000. That might have taken care of most medical costs, at least for a few years.

It's possible my math is off or I don't understand numbers with so many zeros. Maybe I should be in Congress.

Rick

I've been reading that the total cost of the exchanges (both fed and states) is as low at $2.1 billion, $5 billion, maybe more? There are about 320 million people in the US. Maybe 350 million including undocumented democrats. Do that mean each person could have been handed around $6,000,000. That might have taken care of most medical costs, at least for a few years. It's possible my math is off or I don't understand numbers with so many zeros. Maybe I should be in Congress. Rick

Yes, your math is off. Not even close. Six dollars times 350 million is $2.1 billion.

Back