How to Register an LLC with FFM?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am the owner and the only agent, I am already registered as an individual for 2014 and 2015, what do I need to do in order to register my agency?

TIA.

I am the owner and the only agent, I am already registered as an individual for 2014 and 2015, what do I need to do in order to register my agency?

TIA.

If I were you I would contact my carriers about this.
WARNING!
You might not get paid on any apps if you don't do this PERFECTLY!

WARNING: Big PIA....

I did this myself last year as I have a "S" corporation. The problem is in the identity proofing as the CMS system has first recognized you as an agent and won't let you move past that as a corporation. (Same name, address etc.)

Easier as stated to have the ins company pay your TIN. You also have to take all of the tests twice. (FUN!)

I did find a way around this but it isn't worth it. Go sell under your agent info.

:)

Clear as mud:

Prior to assisting consumers, all agents and brokers must complete FFM registration using their individual
NPNs. Additionally, all business entities that have a corporate NPN and wish to participate in the FFM
must register with the FFM. Business entities that wish to register and participate in the FFM must select
an authorized official to complete Part I of FFM agent and broker registration on the MLN using the NPN of
the corporate entity. You may locate your NPN at https://pdb.nipr.com/html/PacNpnSearch.html.
If you are an agent or broker who wishes to assist consumers through the FFM and you also serve as the
authorized official for a business entity with its own corporate NPN, please note the following guidance to
register both of your NPNs:
• You must create a separate MLN account for each NPN and you must complete Part I of FFM agent
and broker registration for each NPN.
• You must only complete Part II (creation of an FFM user ID and identity proofing) for one of your NPNs.
Note: In determining which NPN to use, you should select the NPN under which you expect to conduct
the majority of your FFM business (i.e., your primary NPN).
• When you are asked to provide an MLN user ID in Part II, you must be sure to enter the MLN user ID
that is associated with your primary NPN; if you enter the MLN user ID associated with your alternate
NPN, you will not be able to successfully complete Part II.

If you are an agent or broker who wishes to assist consumers through the FFM and you also serve as the
authorized official for a business entity with its own corporate NPN, please note the following guidance to
register both of your NPNs:

• You must create a separate MLN account for each NPN and you must complete Part I of FFM agent
and broker registration for each NPN.

This means as the owner of an insurance agency you have to go through the training and exams twice?!:no:

Yagents, where did you find this info?

This means as the owner of an insurance agency you have to go through the training and exams twice?!:no:

Yagents, where did you find this info?

Way too late in the game to be foolin w this.....iron all this out in April....we have to be on stage in a few minutes....

Last edited:
I get it from a super secret organization, and am on the super secret email list from a entity called CMS

Got you - it seems they only give out super secret stuff to super secret agents.

Latest posts

Back