Humana ACA Commissions/New Rates

2 things... I have never had someone not LIS or Dual or Chronic get an SEP related to such SEP..

Next, here is what my Cigna reps just sent and told me:

If a customer elects to keep their current plan instead of changing to an ACA compliant plan on 1/1/14, they can keep this with coverage through 12/31/14.
During the 2015 enrollment season (October-December of 2014) they must select a new plan. They are not automatically changed to anything. Cigna will offer them a 2015 plan as an opt-in, but they could elect to take another carriers product instead if they choose.
There would be no need to participate in a special enrollment period.​

The answer from your Cigna rep was what I expected, I think Humana is trying to get as many subscribers on ACA plans as possible without any work, that is why the letter is written like that.

The answer from your Cigna rep was what I expected, I think Humana is trying to get as many subscribers on ACA plans as possible without any work, that is why the letter is written like that.

Just had a conversation with my excellent Humana Rep.... We can relax, or stand down... I will post her response after I finish certifying for a mapd plan... tied up a present... but it mirrors the cigna response

I am being told this is being regarded as a QUALIFYING LIFE EVENT and CMS will handle those as NOT SEP's and allow more flexibility.

So in English we are seeing our first difference as it relates to the handling of SEP and CMS's normal process of interpreting those.

This coincides what I posted today from Cigna and they also used the words Qualifying Life Event.

Someone has to approve of the sep's so whoever oversees those should be notified, otherwise sep's don't exist. How can it work any other way? I can see your concern in a state run exchange, I'm glad we're club fed here.

How have you never had a headache? Boggles the mind.:goofy:

In group insurance we use SEPs (or qualifying events) all the time without going through a governmental agency. Same thing with COBRA and HIPAA. They are the same qualifying events that you find in MA, but no government agency controls the process like CMS controls MA.

It's honestly true that I've never had a headache. You would think that someone as intense as i am would have their head in knots, but I guess the stress just rolls off my shoulders. Go figure.

----------

I am being told this is being regarded as a QUALIFYING LIFE EVENT and CMS will handle those as NOT SEP's and allow more flexibility.

So in English we are seeing our first difference as it relates to the handling of SEP and CMS's normal process of interpreting those.

This coincides what I posted today from Cigna and they also used the words Qualifying Life Event.

Not that the way it has historically been handled by MA or Group means that ACA will handle it the same way, but in group insurance we are given one shot in a QE (qualifying event).

Latest posts

Back