Humana Molina ACA Commissions...WTF

tom3

Expert
Has anyone been getting paid on their ACA enrollments?

I haven't been paid on any deals from Humana or Molina.

This is my 1st Open Enrollment. Is it typical to wait this long? How long do I have to wait?

Their effective date is January 1st.

Yes sir, every last one of them paid the first months premium (with the exception of the 6 $0 policies I've sold lol). I have called Humana and ALL of my clients are definitely in their system. All 35 of them.

I have an upline named Stephens-Matthews marketing which is super huge. I don't think they are stealing my commissions but I wanted to post here and see if anyone else is getting paid their commissions from Humana or Molina....

My upline says it's because healthcare.gov is so backed up with paying the carriers and their is also a lag between healthcare.gov and the carriers backends systems actually seeing that the client has paid the first month

you will get paid in Feb if your lucky for 1-1-2016 starts and mostly likely in March, that's the way it is , your big FMO should have told you that lol

Some may trickle in during Dec or Jan.
But a bulk won't come until Feb or March.

And that's only if the 50 things that need to happen, actually happen.

Their effective date is January 1st.

Yes sir, every last one of them paid the first months premium...........

My upline says it's because healthcare.gov is so backed up with paying the carriers and their is also a lag between healthcare.gov and the carriers backends systems actually seeing that the client has paid the first month

Agents don't typically expect to be paid for January business until February.
Your super-huge upline isn't being straight with you, Tom.
Or, you're misunderstanding them.
Why would the government JUMP to send out advance Tax Credit payments to the insurance companies in early-November.....for January premiums?

In fact, last time I heard anything about the govt payments to the insurance companies for APTC monies, the insurance companies had to BILL the govt for the money they expected.
The govt hadn't ever set up their APTC computer system...to automatically send out these payments.

Most of our carriers take the clients' payments on their own private websites.
HC.gov just re-directs you to the insurance-company site to make your payment.
Others (that don't have online payment functions) send out bills in the mail.

If you helped your clients make their payments, you saw that.

Every carrier has messed-up back-end systems (for the past 2 years).
So, don't expect miracles.
Only day laborers get paid today for today's work.
You're in the Insurance-Army now.
If you need quick money, this is not your gig.

Last edited:
I have no idea who your upline is, but this is so blatantly wrong that I can say this:

GET A NEW UPLINE. NOW.

Changing now may mean forfeiting what he allegedly has coming. At the very least they may drag it out another 6 months before paying to see who cancels, who sticks.

They could also just pay as earned with a 60 day drag.

Changing now may mean forfeiting what he allegedly has coming. At the very least they may drag it out another 6 months before paying to see who cancels, who sticks.

They could also just pay as earned with a 60 day drag.

They are already lying to him. "It depends on when APTC pays".

DUH.

How about "you arent getting paid til the first commission run after the effective date at the very earliest"

What a bunch of scumbags.

Back