Hurdles for ObamaCare in 2nd Sign-up Season

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
Hurdles for ObamaCare in 2nd sign-up season | Fox News

For the roughly 8 million people who signed up this year, the administration has set up automatic renewal. But consumers who go that route may regret it. They risk sticker shock by missing out on lower-premium options. And they could get stuck with an outdated and possibly incorrect government subsidy. Automatic renewal should be a last resort, consumer advocates say.

Hurdles for ObamaCare in 2nd sign-up season | Fox News

For the roughly 8 million people who signed up this year, the administration has set up automatic renewal. But consumers who go that route may regret it. They risk sticker shock by missing out on lower-premium options. And they could get stuck with an outdated and possibly incorrect government subsidy. Automatic renewal should be a last resort, consumer advocates say.

This is an absolute crock of you know what!

If they didn't auto-renew Fox news would be all over it crying "Your plans are getting canceled at the end of the year"

This is an absolute crock of you know what!

If they didn't auto-renew Fox news would be all over it crying "Your plans are getting canceled at the end of the year"

It's not just Fox reporting on this. Obamacare enrollment for 2015 causing insurers anxiety | Modern Healthcare

Auto enrollment could cause a lot of surprises, especially if the benchmark silver plan changes and the one they have may no longer be at that level. The share of premium that the person pays may increase, even if subsidy remained the same. They would find this out of course, in the first round of billing in the new year. If income fluctuates, they will absolutely need to go through subsidy redetermination, or there could be bigger consequences to not doing it. It's all a big mess . . . . .:nah:

It's not just Fox reporting on this. Obamacare enrollment for 2015 causing insurers anxiety | Modern Healthcare

Auto enrollment could cause a lot of surprises, especially if the benchmark silver plan changes and the one they have may no longer be at that level. The share of premium that the person pays may increase, even if subsidy remained the same. They would find this out of course, in the first round of billing in the new year. If income fluctuates, they will absolutely need to go through subsidy redetermination, or there could be bigger consequences to not doing it. It's all a big mess . . . . .:nah:

I respectfully disagree. "Auto-Enrollment" is the lesser of two evils. The number of people who will be adversely affected by auto-enrollment is by FAR way less than the number of people who would be adversely affected by not having auto-enrollment. This a non-issue to me and is just another boogeyman created to glue you to the tv "news" and sell you stuff.

It will all come out in the wash at tax time.

Next.

I respectfully disagree. "Auto-Enrollment" is the lesser of two evils. It will all come out in the wash at tax time.

Next.

Oh goodie. I see we have another thread started to discuss auto-renewal. Which one should we use, Houcoogster? I may have just posted a question in the wrong one!
:err:

Exchange business must be revisited with the client each and every year going forward. Too many variables changing (health,income,SLCSP,premiums,plans) If you don't, you'll lose the biz, and/or have an unhappy client.

The only benefit of auto renewal for a broker, is if you never get in touch with the client or vice versa during OEP for some reason, and the plan stays on the books.

Since most of my clients wont know their 2014 income until after the auto renewal occurs, and will be able to keep the same plan, I'm letting them go ahead and auto renew without any intervention. from my experience this summer, logging in to healthcare.gov to make a change creates more problems than it solves.

This one's a doozy (LMAO):

News from The Associated Press

Rep. Bill Pascrell, D-N.J., said in an interview that he disagrees with making people pay back part of their premium subsidy. That would happen if someone made more money during the year and failed to report it to HealthCare.gov.

"Why should individuals be punished if they got a bump in salary?" said Pascrell. "To me, this was not the ACA I voted on."

Sure it is............you read it.......right?

Rep. Bill Pascrell, D-N.J., said in an interview that he disagrees with making people pay back part of their premium subsidy. That would happen if someone made more money during the year and failed to report it to HealthCare.gov.

"Why should individuals be punished if they got a bump in salary?" said Pascrell. "To me, this was not the ACA I voted on."

I read that this morning too, and had a hearty laugh. Fortunately, his NJ constituency probably agrees, but if his seat was in hot contention during this election he would/should be distancing himself from "the ACA he voted on".

What a dip$hit.......what is in the water up there?

Back