I Feel for my Off-exchange Clients who Will Be Hit on Their Renewal

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
Louisiana health insurers request rate hikes in 2016 | NOLA.com

I'll be getting some angry off-exchange clients calling later this year. Can't see how they can continue to absorb these big rate increases year over year.:mad:

I'm currently paying $1565/month for my family (non-HIX) on a Blue Saver PPO high deductible plan. My rate increase will be about 20%. I really don't want to have to go to an HMO. But it seems like the Blues in my market is pushing everyone to their limited network HMO plans with their rates.

PPOs are being dropped in certain counties in my state. Biggest carrier revised rate increase from 25% to 34%.

I will tell you the reason they do it... they hate obama and their agents refuse to certify and sell on exchange... they should eliminate all off exchange plans and that gets rid of a ton of agents.

I will tell you the reason they do it... they hate obama and their agents refuse to certify and sell on exchange... they should eliminate all off exchange plans and that gets rid of a ton of agents.

That's almost criminally negligent.

I got a call from a woman today. 62. Semi-retired, but doesn't need a lot of cash, because everything is paid for. Thinks this year her MAGI will be around $20K. She's paying $1300 for a low deductible plan with copays. Off Exchange. Plan is available On Exchange.

She's been Off Ex for 3 years. Same broker. Same income. She kept asking "why don't I get a subsidy?" and never got a straight answer from the current broker.

Agents who refuse to write On Exchange business and then do the wrong thing for their clients for their own personal gain need to be gone.

Just get rid of the exchanges. The subsidy $$ can go to the carrier from Uncle Sam. Not that many carriers left.

----------

That's almost criminally negligent.

She's been Off Ex for 3 years. Same broker. Same income. She kept asking "why don't I get a subsidy?" and never got a straight answer from the current broker.

The lack of initiative of some people, in this day/age of phones that will tell you almost anything, just by asking with your voice...

A client called me today from her I-PHONE, to get the BCBS-IL phone number. duh.

Back