I'm Wondering if There Will Be a Place for the Agent in Trump Care?

Carriers want uninformed buyers. More profitable. Just one more reason why carriers cut/eliminated agent commissions.

Sorry, they no longer "need" a reason. The liberals took care of that. ;)

I know you said that in jest, but it was the conservatives who killed your comp. I mean, just how 'liberal' do you think the senior executives of health insurance companies are? Not very!

If the carriers thought that agents were of value and were needed, don't you think they would find a way to pay you better? They pretty much 'own' the Congress and CMS and NAHU. They get what they want... and you get what they want... which is not you!

Most often the market does not lie... at least not for long. If you were of high market value to the carriers you would be paid commensurate with that value.

What are you paid now? What has been the history of your commission rates?

Answer those two questions and you get the answer to the question asked in the title of this thread.

I know you said that in jest, but it was the conservatives who killed your comp. I mean, just how 'liberal' do you think the senior executives of health insurance companies are? Not very!

If the carriers thought that agents were of value and were needed, don't you think they would find a way to pay you better? They pretty much 'own' the Congress and CMS and NAHU. They get what they want... and you get what they want... which is not you!

Most often the market does not lie... at least not for long. If you were of high market value to the carriers you would be paid commensurate with that value.

Answer those two questions and you get the answer to the question asked in the title of this thread.

For someone without a stake in this you sure come back and comment anytime a thread is started. It must be tough to fail in a business and wonder why other agents have done really well in the face of falling compensation and new regulations.

Many of us still have very solid businesses in this market and have achieved that by focusing on the segments that continue to pay reasonable compensation, like Medicare and small group. We've had plenty of time to transition because 2014 and 2015 were unbelievably great years for most of us.

Our clients continue to depend on us because health insurance is not the same as an airline ticket, it just can't be purchased online without paying attention to the details. The problem, of course, is that the uninformed only find out when they get sick and aren't pleased with their benefits.

:D:D:D I know you said that in jest...unless alcohol is playing a part. :swoon:

For someone without a stake in this you sure come back and comment anytime a thread is started.

You have a problem with that? Maybe there is someone here who cares and can point you to some kind of twelve-step program and get you into recovery. :)

(Honestly, attacking me does very little to amplify much less validate your argument... but I know it makes you feel good, so by all means feel free to continue. I"ve faced more virulent opposition when deployed, so knock yourself out and 'be all you can be.')

It must be tough to fail in a business and wonder why other agents have done really well in the face of falling compensation and new regulations.

It might be tough for you, but not or me. Why do you think that i?. Come on, you can figure it out.

Many of us still have very solid businesses in this market and have achieved that by focusing on the segments that continue to pay reasonable compensation, like Medicare and small group.

Perhaps you are late to this party, but the tread has little if anything to do with Medicare... unless you believe that Medicare will be folded into Trumpcare and if you do, let me have sip/hit of what you are drinking/smoking.

We've had plenty of time to transition because 2014 and 2015 were unbelievably great years for most of us.

You are actually making an argument here that the past is prologue? And you are telling me that the vast majority of agents in the individual and family sector did or are doing 'unbelievably great?' You know that how?

Our clients continue to depend on us because health insurance is not the same as an airline ticket, it just can't be purchased online without paying attention to the details.

And so the millions of people who bought Obamacare via an online system, either state or federal, really didn't know what they were doing or what they were getting? Maybe you are right, but just saying it does not make it so. Show me your metrics.

The problem, of course, is that the uninformed only find out when they get sick and aren't pleased with their benefits.

Again, I'm happy to concede the hypothesis to you and I'm sure you can find isolated instances of people who feel that they made the wrong choice when signing up, but you really will need to present more concrete findings to convince most others here.

Bottom line, if you are right in saying that all is hunky-dory in the individual health insurance sector and that agents are going to thrive and prosper in it, why is this thread so long? A simple post by you saying YES to the question of " I'm Wondering if There Will Be a Place for the Agent in Trump Care?" would have ended it.

Nylife, Seems u just skipped over my post proving u wrong re: consulting fees. Convenient.

It was not by convenience, but by design. I avoid your posts because over the years you have shown yourself be an adversary of anyone who dares to disagree with you. It is the same Trump mentality that so many agents here have.

I only seek to engage in civil discourse with those who are interested in and capable of such, and you (and many others) have shown yourself to be neither.

As a result of that metric, I most often ignore your insulting missives and your mean-spirited encyclicals and I would suggest, actually implore, you to do likewise with mine.

"Good fences make good neighbors." - Robert Frost, Mending Wall

NYlife, I agree some long timers on here can be brutal but your language is above my simple country vocab. You must be college educated!?!?

Back