Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum

Reply to Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov     
Old 07-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #1
Guru

State: russelltw is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
russelltw is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov
Any body having issues with submitting life changes on Hc.gov lately.

The last two I have done have really caused some messes:

Simply correcting a date of birth triggered all the kids to be kicked off the policy to Medicaid. After scrambling, got kids back on once Medicaid declined them. But kids were without coverage for 2 weeks.

Just this morning, tried to update an address for a move (in state move). HC.gov kicks 3 of the 4 kids off to Medicaid. Gives mom and dad coverage, but kicks the 11, 9, and 5 year old off, while keeping the 3 year old on.

Having to call in to the Marketplace to figure out what is going on. Any else having issues with simple corrections/updates of life changes?

Thanks
R

------------------------------------
NC Medicare Supplement
  Reply With Quote to Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov
Old 07-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
Guru

State: FLM2 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
FLM2 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov Re: Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov
Originally Posted by russelltw View Post

Simply correcting a date of birth triggered all the kids to be kicked off the policy to Medicaid. After scrambling, got kids back on once Medicaid declined them. But kids were without coverage for 2 weeks.

Just this morning, tried to update an address for a move (in state move). HC.gov kicks 3 of the 4 kids off to Medicaid. Gives mom and dad coverage, but kicks the 11, 9, and 5 year old off, while keeping the 3 year old on.

Having to call in to the Marketplace to figure out what is going on. Any else having issues with simple corrections/updates of life changes?

Thanks
R
That's always been a problem with the Marketplace-any simple change, even correcting a typo, results in a plan termination and a new application.

It makes no sense to me and has created problems on a consistent basis.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
Guru

State: TN_agent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
At this point, I call hc.gov with the client on the phone for all life changes. That way, the hc.gov person has screwed it up, not me. Crappy and time-consuming, but lets me off the hook for this exact type of thing. Because you better believe the hc.gov person will blame the agent every chance they get.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Guru

State: Yagents is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Yagents is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Anytime you are dealing with a medicaid possibility, it will screw things up.
Remember the FPL adjusts higher mid-year, and income might also need to be raised a notch. If it was an auto renewal from 2016, then it also causes a "reset" for medicaid eligibility.

T65 with spouse left on plan is another one, I now call the Marketplace. It must now be done on the 1st of the month, the day they go on medicare. I have 5 to do on Aug 1st (fun fun) It now terminates policy as of the day before. Used to be we had to call on the last day of the month. Had a couple folks go uninsured for a day to due marketplace nonsensical change in ways.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
Super Genius
traceyemoon on Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov

State: traceyemoon is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Yagents View Post
Anytime you are dealing with a medicaid possibility, it will screw things up.
Remember the FPL adjusts higher mid-year, and income might also need to be raised a notch. If it was an auto renewal from 2016, then it also causes a "reset" for medicaid eligibility.

T65 with spouse left on plan is another one, I now call the Marketplace. It must now be done on the 1st of the month, the day they go on medicare. I have 5 to do on Aug 1st (fun fun) It now terminates policy as of the day before. Used to be we had to call on the last day of the month. Had a couple folks go uninsured for a day to due marketplace nonsensical change in ways.
The last 5-6 that I did that for would not let the T65 leave the plan without a 14-day notice, regardless if I called them or attempted to change in Marketplace. What am I not getting here?

T.E.Moon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. Chinese Proverb
Old 07-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #6
Guru

State: yankee466 is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Originally Posted by russelltw View Post

Thanks
R
I would assume if you check the boxes that say the children were denied Medicaid coverage, you will be all set when you do the life change...else, it sounds glitchy to me if the income is sufficient.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:27 AM   #7
Guru

State: Yagents is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Yagents is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by traceyemoon View Post
The last 5-6 that I did that for would not let the T65 leave the plan without a 14-day notice, regardless if I called them or attempted to change in Marketplace. What am I not getting here?
You are speaking about a T65 that is alone on the ACA plan. (14 day advance)

I am speaking of a T65 with spouse that needs to remain on the ACA plan.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
Super Genius
traceyemoon on Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov

State: traceyemoon is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
Both. If the T65 is a primary, has to have the 14 day window but the last 2 spouses were not the primary and still it wouldn't let me, nor would a call to the marketplace.

I was also told the last time I called that it has always been this way, never was it the day of the start to medicare.

I assume that, like Medicare call-center, they only get hired for 90 days at a time?

T.E.Moon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. Chinese Proverb
Old 07-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #9
Guru
kgmom219 on Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov

State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
kgmom219 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by traceyemoon View Post
Both. If the T65 is a primary, has to have the 14 day window but the last 2 spouses were not the primary and still it wouldn't let me, nor would a call to the marketplace.

I was also told the last time I called that it has always been this way, never was it the day of the start to medicare.

I assume that, like Medicare call-center, they only get hired for 90 days at a time?
Probably.

800 reps in Waco just lost their job as call center reps for the FFM.

OEP 2018 is going to be LOTS of fun!

Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who work their butts off and never give up.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:01 PM   #10

State: THEINSGUY7 is an Insurance Agent from
Thank you for your help. I am not alone.
I will take your advice and let the Marketplace Rep take the blame.
Was talking with T65 spouse today that wants to "do it early".
Even after I gave 3 examples of exact same screw ups from Marketplace.
Reply to Issues with Life Change on Hc.gov 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum