This Just In.....

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
More emails going out. These have no logos for goodluck.gov and state:

Date: Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Subject: You have a Marketplace message waiting!
To: [email protected]

You have a new message waiting for you in your Marketplace account. click here to log in and read the message.

Log into account and there is no information with regards to a message.....interesting.

You might have just been phished. You 100% sure that it was healthcare.gov and not something silly like w.healthcare.gov or hea1thcare.gov? (I know the e-mail address says it, but you can literally make that say anything you want with a single command.)

Hackers just copy and paste the main page onto their site, steal your info, and then log you into the real one with the credentials they just stole. You really end up logged in, but you did it through an illegitimate portal.

We had a big problem with it for Bank of America a while back.

You might have just been phished. You 100% sure that it was healthcare.gov and not something silly like w.healthcare.gov or hea1thcare.gov? (I know the e-mail address says it, but you can literally make that say anything you want with a single command.)

Hackers just copy and paste the main page onto their site, steal your info, and then log you into the real one with the credentials they just stole. You really end up logged in, but you did it through an illegitimate portal.

We had a big problem with it for Bank of America a while back.

Initially that is what I thought too. However in digging into the link it in fact came from https://www.healthcare.gov/

Great thinking tho:yes:

We have gotten similar ones though they have all been either sent direct to customers email addresses or sent to us by the carriers...

We have gotten similar ones though they have all been either sent direct to customers email addresses or sent to us by the carriers...

The hackers know this, and that's what makes these the best types of messages for phishing. I just mention it because I've been seeing a LOT of phishing attempts recently, everything from fake licensing, to fake log-ins, to fake bank notices.

Back