Keep Current Plan for 2 More Years!

Excerpt from the BCBS-KS Webpage:
"This means members in these plans may continue with the same coverage for several more years. While they may keep the plan they have, these members still have the option to consider purchasing a new plan, one that offers all the benefits as defined by the Affordable Care Act, either directly from Blue Cross, or during open enrollment periods of the Health Insurance Marketplace."

I hate to re-open the "buy a plan 365 days a year" discussion, but the highlighted words above tell me that a consumer can purchase a Major Medical at any time, directly from BCBS-Kansas. Anyone else read it this way? Also, it doesn't seem as if BCBS-Kansas knows about the Special Enrollment provision.
-ac

Excerpt from the BCBS-KS Webpage:
"This means members in these plans may continue with the same coverage for several more years. While they may keep the plan they have, these members still have the option to consider purchasing a new plan, one that offers all the benefits as defined by the Affordable Care Act, either directly from Blue Cross, or during open enrollment periods of the Health Insurance Marketplace."

I hate to re-open the "buy a plan 365 days a year" discussion, but the highlighted words above tell me that a consumer can purchase a Major Medical at any time, directly from BCBS-Kansas. Anyone else read it this way? Also, it doesn't seem as if BCBS-Kansas knows about the Special Enrollment provision.
-ac

Yep Allen it does... Wtf is going on here..... Is this only for current members? Dunno but sure we will find out in 2 weeks

Yep Allen it does... Wtf is going on here..... Is this only for current members? Dunno but sure we will find out in 2 weeks

Blue Crosses seem to have this knack for letting top-secret info accidently leak out to their websites. They also said that the Subsidies will end up being taxable as income..and then wiped the wording from their website when called out on it. Remember that?

Blue Crosses seem to have this knack for letting top-secret info accidently leak out to their websites. They also said that the Subsidies will end up being taxable as income..and then wiped the wording from their website when called out on it. Remember that?

Yep and they told us we were all wrong... I told my rep she was full of chit over this issue..... Told me I might get in trouble by saying anything other than what bcbs said was the law.. And next thing you know it's gone from their site

I spoke with my Aetna rep today. It's sounding doubtful that Aetna is going to allow pre 1/1/14 clients (excluding grandfathered) to keep their plans after December of this year.

I have a lot of Aetna indy clients, so this isn't great news for me.

I spoke with my Aetna rep today. It's sounding doubtful that Aetna is going to allow pre 1/1/14 clients (excluding grandfathered) to keep their plans after December of this year.

I have a lot of Aetna indy clients, so this isn't great news for me.

If Aetna is on your state Exchange, are they reasonably priced? Will most of your Aetna clients stay with an Aetna ACA compliant policy?

If that happened in IL, Aetna would lose every client to BCBS or Humana next open enrollment. But from the CEO's comments Aetna wouldn't care.

If Aetna is on your state Exchange, are they reasonably priced? Will most of your Aetna clients stay with an Aetna ACA compliant policy?

If that happened in IL, Aetna would lose every client to BCBS or Humana next open enrollment. But from the CEO's comments Aetna wouldn't care.

Same deal in PA. Aetna's going to lose the vast majority of that business to IBC. I agree, they don't seem to care.

Back