Keep Current Plan for 2 More Years!

But the companies don't have to offer it.
BC/BS of Alabama canceled me and my family on the old plan and that was that.

I read that Mary Landreau of Lousiana, has submitted a bill in the senate (for political purposes to keep her at risk seat), that would mandate insurance to "reinstate" their old policies (if they were cancelled). How do you like them apples?

----------

It's official:

The Obama administration will let people with health insurance plans that don't comply with Affordable Care Act standards to keep them until October 2017 if their states allow that, officials said Wednesday in announcing a series of final Obamacare rules.

Feds give 2-year grace period for non-Obamacare plans

http://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaRe...eets/2014-Fact-sheets-items/2014-03-05-2.html

Last edited:
If insurance company's extend, just think what the rate increases will be. If they let anyone reinstate I don't see any subsidy people going back. But this is definitely f' up. You make a deadline you live by it. What a jerk.

If insurance company's extend, just think what the rate increases will be. If they let anyone reinstate I don't see any subsidy people going back. But this is definitely f' up. You make a deadline you live by it. What a jerk.

He thought a 2014 was a good enough deadline as he would have already been reelected...Now he will be comfortably out of office the next time this reads its ugly head.

Notice how only swing state democrat senators are referenced in cms document having part in their decision. Oh no, this was not done for political purposes

----------

And oop for 15' plans go up to $6600 and $13,200

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what the reaction will be by the carriers. Most of my individual pre-ACA clients have plans with max OOP of $3,000 and monthly premiums of $100-$200.

Most of them will be happy (including myself) to lock-in for an extra couple years.

None of this is a surprise to me.

2017 will eventually become permanent, there is no way they will kill these policies in 3 years.

Definitely a good thing for agents with a solid book of renewal business, no one will drop any of these plans for the next 3 years...

There will b plenty of drop offs with rate increases and reductions of income due to retiring, etc. I would say one third will move. At some point it makes sense.

Back