Keep Your Existing Policy Until......

TxOnline

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm starting a list of "Keep Existing Policies Until...".

Thought I'd post it here for everyone's benefit (and so that we can add info as we hear from the carriers).

I have a notice from UHC and will post it when I can find it (again).
It's buried somewhere on this mess-of-a-desk and on 1 of my computers.
Wish I had Allen's organizational & search skills!!!

Here's a notice that I received from Assurant Health today:

Now, many individual and group customers whose non-grandfathered plans were extended into 2015 can keep their current Assurant Health plan benefits until 2016! In applicable states, we’re offering an automatic extension process to provide our eligible customers with the easiest experience possible. This means we will extend their current plans for them — they just keep paying premiums as usual to maintain their plans.
Starting in October, we will begin notifying customers of this great news. We’ll mail eligible customers a notice informing them of their automatic plan extension for their current, non-grandfathered plan.
For more details, download these documents:
(I can post the pdf documents, too...if anyone needs them.)

the big question is what will the rate be, will they dump them into a different network

Last edited:
UHC email....from 6/24/14:

Your clients in the states of AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, MO, MS, NE, OH, PA, TN, TX, WI, and WV can keep their current UnitedHealthOneSM plan benefits without further Affordable Care Act (ACA) changes through September 30, 2017.
In March of this year, President Obama announced a second extension of the date when additional ACA requirements must be included in all health plans. This extension, known as "transitional relief," applies to non-grandfathered health plans. (Customers with grandfathered plans are able to keep their coverage without ACA changes indefinitely.)
Some states will experience a different time frame for transitional relief:
AZ, IA - September 30, 2016; and LA - December 30, 2016. We are currently working with additional states to implement transitional relief for more customers. We hope to have good news to share with you about those states, soon.
Clients who keep their current UnitedHealthOneSM coverage:
Have more time to understand how the ACA health law might work for them and their families.
Can keep using the doctors and hospitals they value most, as a part of our UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network.
Benefit from likely lower premiums when compared to the premiums of most ACA plans available.
Satisfy the ACA's requirement to maintain "minimum essential coverage" (MEC) which means your clients avoid any tax penalty for not having compliant coverage.
We have already begun to notify your clients about this great news. Included with the letter we send your clients, is this required communication prepared by the Department of Health & Human Services. It suggests your clients contact us to keep their current plans, but that is not necessary. They can simply keep paying premiums as usual to maintain their plans. We will also be sending your clients a Rider-Amendment to their policy/certificate explaining the change in their policy year. It is what allows them to keep their current plans for the mentioned extended period of time for their state.
You will hear from us in advance of any required future ACA changes to your clients' plans. If keeping their current plans is not a fit for your clients, they can choose new plans with ACA required benefits during any Open Enrollment period.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope you will continue to entrust us with your clients health insurance needs. Thank you for your business.

And, an updated UHC link to state-by-state decisions here:
Transitional Relief by State | UHOne Updates

--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

BCBS-Tx....News Alert: Sept. 23, 2014

Individual/Consumer Markets
Important Information: Upcoming Individual Plan Discontinuation
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) recognizes the importance of teamwork when it comes to protecting your clients from coverage gaps and maintaining your book of business. That’s why we’ve created an overview of the 2015 individual strategy on discontinuation plans.
Non-Grandfathered/Grandmothered (Transitional) Plans Discontinue on Dec. 31, 2014
After careful consideration, a decision was made to discontinue all non-grandfathered/grandmothered (transitional) plans based on the ability to administer and provide a comprehensive benefit plan. Your help is needed to transition your affected clients in to new metallic plans using the tools we’ve developed.
Discontinuation Materials
In late September, clients currently enrolled through a non-grandfathered/grandmothered (transitional) plan will receive discontinuation notices and the following materials:
Cover sheet
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Notice
Answers to Your Questions
We will provide you with samples of these materials as soon as they are available.
In the near future, communications will be available in the Retail Producer Portal, under the “Client information” correspondence folder. Once open enrollment begins, you will also be able to see the transition of your clients to a new metallic plan through the Portal.
Protect Your Clients Against Coverage Gaps
Coverage under non-grandfathered/grandmothered (transitional) plans will extend through Dec. 31, 2014. To ensure that your clients remain covered under a health care plan in 2015, members MUST select a new metallic plan (either on or off the Health Insurance Marketplace) by Dec. 31, 2014, for a Jan. 1, 2015, effective date. (Please note that the Dec. 31, 2014, date applies only to plans that are being discontinued.)
To help your clients, please remember these important dates:
Nov. 15, 2014 – First day of the open enrollment period when you may begin reviewing, quoting and enrolling your clients in 2015 plans; Annual Premium Tax Credit verification of eligibility may also begin at this time
Dec. 31, 2014 – Final day for a Jan. 1, 2015, start date
Feb. 15, 2015 – Last day of the open enrollment period
Through the use of a designated BCBSTX site, you will remain the agent of record for your clients upon their transition to a metallic plan. However, you must complete training requirements to receive credit for plans purchased through the Exchange.
Coming Soon - New Client Support Number
To help you focus on sales during this open enrollment period and to assist your clients with questions regarding their plan changes, we are excited to announce a new call center number for client retention support. This will be available to address member questions about 2015 options – watch for more information in a future edition of News from the Blues for Producers.
Training Opportunities Coming Soon
Upcoming producer training will provide additional details on our overall individual strategy, including plans that may be renewed in 2015 (grandfathered and metallic), as well as the tools available to help manage and support the transition process. Watch your inbox for an invitation to this important training.

Sept 29, 2014...update:
See the Texas Exchange Forum for a copy of the letter (packet) that our Non-GF clients are receiving in the US mail.

Last edited:
old news on the bcbs thing... we most already got calls on this 3 weeks ago

Just ignore the thread if you don't find it useful to have the carriers' specific details in writing...for future reference....all in 1 spot.

Just ignore the thread if you don't find it useful to have the carriers' specific details in writing...for future reference....all in 1 spot.

Hey TxOnline, don't worry about the detractors. I start threads as a personal suppository of easily accessible information all the time. Just title each thread thoroughly and add additional useful information as it comes along. Some colleagues will make useful contributions, others will veer it off course, but a forum search for "Keep Your" will bring you right here. Cheers!
-ac

Ah, AllenChicago, I knew there was another reason for your research posts! It's like pinterest for insurance agents! LOL. Thanks for letting us see the archives you are keeping!!

Ah, AllenChicago, I knew there was another reason for your research posts! It's like pinterest for insurance agents! LOL. Thanks for letting us see the archives you are keeping!!

There you go again Ann..bringing another new concept that piques my interest. Just looked at the Pinterest site to see what you're talking about. You're right, as usual. But with Insurance-Forums.net, there are no friendly G-Rated photos to describe what we have to deal with now that Uncle Sam is running the show, LOL. Thanks Ann. I learned something new tonight...Pinterest.com..
-Allen

There you go again Ann..bringing another new concept that piques my interest. Just looked at the Pinterest site to see what you're talking about. You're right, as usual. But with Insurance-Forums.net, there are no friendly G-Rated photos to describe what we have to deal with now that Uncle Sam is running the show, LOL. Thanks Ann. I learned something new tonight...Pinterest.com..
-Allen

Oh, Allen, the problem is that you are male! hahaha. Every woman in America knows about Pinterest. Well, maybe ALMOST every woman! G-rated for sure. Food, crafts, home decor, babies, hair-do's, and makeup. Sweet, loving text. I use it to clear my mind after reading Insurance Agents' posts, political contention, and studying Obamacare, LOL.

Back