Look for the "Escape Hatch" W/SCOTUS

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Politics aside............this is all about saving my hard earned income.
Go Hatch Go!

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...0223-NEWS-150229978&utm_campaign=financedaily

Hatch vows short-term fix if Supreme Court strikes down subsidies
By Paul Demko | February 23, 2015

Sen. Orrin Hatch will propose a “short-term solution” to help Americans who would lose subsidies if the U.S. Supreme Court strikes down the availability of financial assistance in the 34 states that haven't established their own exchanges.

“That solution will address immediate concerns and set the stage for a more permanent fix in the future,” said Hatch (R-Utah), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, during a speech Monday at the conservative Heritage Foundation.

Hatch didn't offer details on what his proposed short-term fix would entail. But he reiterated that he believes Congress will have to take action to ameliorate the potential harm to Americans if the Supreme Court rules for the plaintiffs in King v. Burwell. Oral arguments in the case are scheduled for March 4; a decision is expected by the end of June.

But subsidies did more harm to more people, you know, those of us who pay taxes, then benefitting anyone.

I'd phase them out by the end of the year.

Rick

Let's also end the 75% subsidy for medicare part b how about the 83% hand out for medicare part d while were at it demand that medicare part c insur companies not cost 15% per geezer than regular medicare oh and let's also cut the corporate welfare for group health plans tax deductions!!! And last but not least One more lazy hand out for costal deadbeats flood insurance premium subsidies now at 70% support by the suckers without a view."the hardest guy to blame is that phony in the mirror":biggrin:

Let's also end the 75% subsidy for medicare part b how about the 83% hand out for medicare part d while were at it demand that medicare part c insur companies not cost 15% per geezer than regular medicare oh and let's also cut the corporate welfare for group health plans tax deductions!!! And last but not least One more lazy hand out for costal deadbeats flood insurance premium subsidies now at 70% support by the suckers without a view."the hardest guy to blame is that phony in the mirror":biggrin:

As a libertarian I'm opposed to Medicare. There is no subsidy for Part B since there was supposed to be a trust fund. Medicare was designed to be self-sustaining. When the money got "borrowed" out of the fund everything changed. BTW, you didn't mention the 100% subsidy for Part A. You'd be wrong but surprised you overlooked that. And Part D was never funded. It was just passed.

I'm opposed to ALL subsidies. I sell Medicare plans because Medicare exists. We'd all be better off with a voucher system since it's way too late in the game to eliminate it.

At least one of us is not a phony. I know I'm not.

Rick

Screw the taxpayer (me) and China (reinsurance), let's talk about saving our income (which is more than my tax bill).

Back on topic!

Go Hatch ! :yes:

Maybe Government will tell insurers that they must keep a plan in force, as long as the client continues to pay his portion of the premium? Health Insurers are now used to taking orders from HHS, but this is a stretch.

Well, given the number of times health agents have had the rug yanked out from under them recently, I'm sure you can survive one more time. Okay, just kidding...

It would have been helpful if Hatch would have given some details on his 'plan'.

My bet is an amendment to allow existing subsidies to flow until year end.

No new subsidies for SEP's immediately after ruling (June).

Each state must act on own exchange if it wants APTC in 2016.

My bet is an amendment to allow existing subsidies to flow until year end.

No new subsidies for SEP's immediately after ruling (June).

Each state must act on own exchange if it wants APTC in 2016.

It won't be 2016. My bet is on 2017. 6 months isn't long enough to get 36 exchanges implemented.

Rick medicare(cms) puts out an easy to understand trustees report every year first week feb/Capital.net offers a user friendly online course in Understanding the Federal budget and it's free!! Medicare part a is funded by a trust that you pay into your working life medicare part b and d come from ( b25% recipient premium 75 %today's taxpayer--part d 13% recipient premium 87% today's taxpayer) Part c plans take the above mentioned subsidies plus a 15% frosting for our beloved health insur companies-Also FYI the crazy budgetary process has taken loans on the social security trust but has not and can not take loans on the Medicare part a trust Lastly " your against all subsidies don't like medicare "yet enrich yourself with subsidized commissions hmmmmm sounds hypocritical to me----Justthefacts

Back