Medical Giant Stryker Cuts 1,170 Jobs, Citing ObamaCare

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
Medical giant Stryker cuts 1,170 jobs, citing ObamaCare | Fox News

"A "medical device excise tax" included in the mandate imposes a 2.3 percent levy on medical device manufacturers and suppliers, which critics say will raise prices on everything from pacemakers to prosthetics to stents. Companies will be required to pay the tax regardless if they have a profit or loss for the year. The tax is estimated to cost the medical device industry $20 billion."

Re: Medical Giant Stryker Cuts 1,170 Jobs, Citing ObamaCare Read More: Http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/16/medic

jesus... this guy is unamerican to blame his faliture as a business man on the ACA.... had he done a better job of manigning his company he would not be in this position..... dummie

Re: Medical Giant Stryker Cuts 1,170 Jobs, Citing ObamaCare Read More: Http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/16/medic

Many other medical device companies have announced similar cuts. All this plus hostess going down the tubes. What is the world coming to?

• Staff

Many other medical device companies have announced similar cuts. All this plus hostess going down the tubes. What is the world coming to?

231154_10151305852624919_1102764810_n.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
231039_4264747650902_542584102_n.jpg

Last edited:

Layoffs escalating due to the various taxes, charges and mandates of ObamaCare...but this is only the warm-up act. Huge Defense industry budget cuts combined with a 3% to 5% federal tax increase on +$250K individuals and businesses coming 2013 will bring us a full-blown Depression.

Layoffs escalating due to the various taxes, charges and mandates of ObamaCare...but this is only the warm-up act. Huge Defense industry budget cuts combined with a 3% to 5% federal tax increase on +$250K individuals and businesses coming 2013 will bring us a full-blown Depression.

Yeppers.

Heard through the grapevine Lockheed Martin is about to unload a boatload of employees within the next few weeks.

We don't need no stinkin' military. BHO is making peace everywhere.

But I bet that the unemployment rate will still be about. 8% and the growth rate will still be about 2-3%

With Obamacare forcing businesses to pass the costs on to consumers, we most likely will see "cost-push inflation" where huge cost increases in a single critical segment of the economy pushes the whole economy into rising costs.

We saw this in the 70's with oil, and a decade ago with housing. In fact, the housing market was artificially caused because of access to easy money without proper UNDERWRITING practices in place. Ring a bell? It caused demand for housing to go up, prices went up and we saw a spiral and a crash.

Cost-push inflation is dangerous. But even worse is recession at nearly the same time as inflation causing stagflation.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I forsee massive layoffs, cuts from full-time employment to part-time, and rising prices to pass on Obamacare costs & taxes. I also see an increase in demand for medical care. One doctor asked me, "Tell me, if 30 million people enter the market, and there are no new doctors, who will treat these people?".

Rising costs at the same time as high unemployment is not a good thing.

Back