Medicare Part A(new Eligibility??)

Allowing a buy-in for only Medicare part A would undoubtedly cause a macro cost shift that would have multiple negative consequences. Part A doesn't cover expensive treatments for things like outpatient chemo. So what happens when someone that needs outpatient chemo only has Part A coverage? They get admitted as an inpatient to receive chemo. This would cause a huge shortage of beds in hospitals and increase utilization/cost significantly.

Am I missing something?? I have read where the total numbers on Obamacare are like 10 to 15% am I wrong?? If a public option of purchasing Part A is available would that not address the Industry embarrassing example where a hardworking self employed citizen with pre ex history can not open his checkbook and get insured?? Are there not under 65 indemnity plans that insureds could buy to cover what Part a does not?? Or could each state with additional funding offer a basic plan with premiums based on income through a State Medicaid plan?? BTW Most of Medicaid's costs in all 50 states is the care for the very disabled( custodial long term senior residents) which no one I mean no one seems to address!!!!!!!!!! Why???:

Latest posts

Back