More Obamacare Co-op Failures

Yes it is ironic I know. But he is extremely anti establishment. He does not walk, talk, act, or vote like a career politician. He speaks out against groups and actually follows through with not soliciting donations from those groups. Hilary speaks out against wall street but then solicits millions in contributions from them. Thats the sh*t that people are tired of. Two faced lying scumbags who will do anything to keep the power they have gained.

I dont agree with Bernie, but I respect him because he stands behind his morals from what I can tell. He is not two faced.

And he is EXTREMELY ineffective. Can ANYONE, including his supporters, name one thing he has accomplished in his 26 years in DC?

Spin it any way you want, he may be anti-establishment, but he IS a career politician. Prior to being a Congressman and Senator he was a mayor for 8 years. So he's been a politician for 34 years. And he started running for political office 10 years prior to becoming mayor. So he's had political aspirations for 44 years now.

One could make the case that Trump has had a career in politics. How many times has he ran for president before this? Isnt this like his 3rd or 4th time?

One could make the case and one would be wrong. He has never run for political office. Sure, he's floated the idea several times, but this is the first time he's ever run for political office.

And he is EXTREMELY ineffective. Can ANYONE, including his supporters, name one thing he has accomplished in his 26 years in DC?

Spin it any way you want, he may be anti-establishment, but he IS a career politician. Prior to being a Congressman and Senator he was a mayor for 8 years. So he's been a politician for 34 years. And he started running for political office 10 years prior to becoming mayor. So he's had political aspirations for 44 years now.

One could make the case and one would be wrong. He has never run for political office. Sure, he's floated the idea several times, but this is the first time he's ever run for political office.

Im not trying to justify either of them. Only stating the reasoning behind their popularity. Bernie wants to throw the current system off a cliff and see what the pieces look like. No one really know what the hell Trump is going to do.

------------------------------------

And you are wrong. Trump entered the 2000 Presidential Election as a Reform Party Candidate. He one 2 primaries in that election.

He has publicly floated the idea of running for president since the late 80s.

In the last election he essentially ran a quasi campaing in the begining. Hell, the various polls had Trump in them the past 2 election cycles. At one time he was ahead of Romney in the Polls.

He has officially been a politician since 2000. He has had his sights set on the oval office since the late 80s.

You can argue the semantics that he is not currently a politician. But when you are publicly saying you might run, and taken so serious that they have you in the Polls... and you are ahead... you are essentially a politician at that point, at least in spirit.

Im not trying to justify either of them. Only stating the reasoning behind their popularity. Bernie wants to throw the current system off a cliff and see what the pieces look like. No one really know what the hell Trump is going to do.

------------------------------------

And you are wrong. Trump entered the 2000 Presidential Election as a Reform Party Candidate. He one 2 primaries in that election.

In the last election he essentially ran a quasi campaing in the begining. Hell, the various polls had Trump in them the past 2 election cycles. At one time he was ahead of Romney in the Polls.

He has officially been a politician since 2000. He has had his sights set on the oval office since the late 80s.

You can argue the semantics that he is not currently a politician. But when you are publicly saying you might run, and taken so serious that they have you in the Polls... and you are ahead... you are essentially a politician at that point, at least in spirit.

I'm not claiming you are defending or justifying either of them. Just challenging your idea that Bernie isn't a career politician and Trump is. I would consider a person who holds a political office to be a politician. Trump doesn't fit that description (never has). And at least according to Wikipedia, the closest Trump came to running was a presidential exploratory campaign. That's much different than actually running for office. He did get on the California primary ballot for the Reform Party, but he withdrew from the race in February of 2000. I really don't see how anyone could claim a person who has flirted with the idea of running for president for many years could be considered a career politician.

I'm not claiming you are defending or justifying either of them. Just challenging your idea that Bernie isn't a career politician and Trump is. I would consider a person who holds a political office to be a politician. Trump doesn't fit that description (never has). And at least according to Wikipedia, the closest Trump came to running was a presidential exploratory campaign. That's much different than actually running for office. He did get on the California primary ballot for the Reform Party, but he withdrew from the race in February of 2000. I really don't see how anyone could claim a person who has flirted with the idea of running for president for many years could be considered a career politician.

I was referring to the career politician mindset. Bernie does not fit into that. We dont know what Trump actually will fit into. But he has been "political" throughout his entire public career. Especially over the past 15 years.

I did not mean (or say) that Trump was a career politician. I was just referring to the fact that he has been in the political spotlight for a while now. It was an abstract statement.

And it is impossible to get to this point in the election with either of the major parties and not be juiced in politically some way or somehow. And getting into the race but withdrawing, is essentially the same as running imo.

And as Im writing this post I am reminded why I try to not get too involved in political discussions on this forum.... they never end and every statement gets nitpicked apart.

Now back to the fact that we have wasted billions on failed Co-Ops that were supposed to be the saving grace of health insurance.

Last edited:
we have wasted billions on failed Co-Ops

We (the taxpayers) didn't waste those dollars. That was done by career politicians lacking real world experience and an understanding of how health insurance and health care really works.

We (the taxpayers) didn't waste those dollars. That was done by career politicians lacking real world experience and an understanding of how health insurance and health care really works.

I guess that depends on what your definition of "career politicians" is.

All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure he meant we as a country. I think the fact that government wasted billions was implied in the term "we".

Im not trying to justify either of them.

Trump entered the 2000 Presidential Election as a Reform Party Candidate. He one 2 primaries in that election.

Excellent post supporting Mr. Trump, SCAgent. Donald John Trump epitomizes how the best insurance agents are trained. We were taught to pick ourselves up after each failed sales call and try again, and to approach a given sales attempt in a different fashion, until success is achieved.

Unlike the career politicians, Trump's business building methods closely mimics our own, albeit on a MUCH larger scale. (Except for a couple of super wealthy forum members.)

ac

Back