Multi-State Health Insurance Exchange Plans.

2 reasons that come to mind:

Kid in out of state college
Spouse who works out of the area/city/state or travels a lot.

I'm seeing Multi-State PPO plans that are CHEAPER than the blue's Regular PPO plans (in many cases).

2 reasons that come to mind:

Kid in out of state college
Spouse who works out of the area/city/state or travels a lot.

I'm finding out that these plans will work well in those situations, as long as the state where the sickness/injury occurs has an agreement with your home state's Blue Cross.

----------

I'm seeing Multi-State PPO plans that are CHEAPER than the blue's Regular PPO plans (in many cases).

It's interesting that the IL Blue Cross multi-state plan becomes a Cinderella if a person qualifies for subsidy/cost-sharing. I just ran a quote for one of my Blue Cross customers who's facing cancellation. (Mom/Son-$2400HSA-$547)

The Multi-state BCBS plan suddenly became one of the least expensive in premium ($325) and the deductible went way down to $250.

I called BCBS-IL to find out more about the M.S. plan. Brokerage services says that they have to show it on the website due to government regulations, but no agreements with other states have been finalized. Don't sell it yet.
OK...:goofy:

I never paid any attention if it was a regular bcbs or mulit state... I just sell the best fit and from what I remember all these plans were CSR plans and they came to the table with like a 250 or 500 deductible and like 500 total opkt

----------

----------

I called BCBS-IL to find out more about the M.S. plan. Brokerage services says that they have to show it on the website due to government regulations, but no agreements with other states have been finalized. Don't sell it yet.
OK...:goofy:

I have an email from BCBSTX stating we are good to go on selling it and we will get paid on it like normal

Multi-state plans are very attractive in my area. I live in Illinois. 20 minutes outside St. Louis... In MO. So while we have 2 good hospitals in my town, Everyone always wants to be sure they can go to the BIG hospitals in the city... only 20 min away.

So from my understanding these plans are not restricted to your home state. I did some network checking and there are some of the St. Louis MO Hospitals stated as in network for the multi state plans.

What's the difference between a PPO plan and a multi-state plan? Is a multi-state just an expanded HMO? I've seen these plans in some quotes too but no explanation. Let's say someone buys a PPO plan from BCBS - it's my understanding that it uses the same national BlueCard network that was there before....maybe I'm missing something.

I never paid any attention if it was a regular bcbs or mulit state... I just sell the best fit and from what I remember all these plans were CSR plans and they came to the table with like a 250 or 500 deductible and like 500 total opkt

I have an email from BCBSTX stating we are good to go on selling it and we will get paid on it like normal

Yeah..the Cost Sharing Reduction applied to these Multi-State plans is quite startling. BCBS-Tx and BCBS-IL are "sister" companies, yet mine tells me not to sell the M.S. plans because the various state arrangements are not finalized. Go figure...

Back