Must Remove T65 Today, Mktpl Sets New Coverage for Spouse 9/1/15, What?

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
T65 in August, Medicare effective 8/1/15, no longer eligible for subsidy, also has other coverage 8/1. On hold currently for someone to help the slightly befuddled Marketplace rep who it seems did something on the revised Marketplace app for spouse only coverage effective 8/1, that made the change bump to 9/1. :err:

So much for saving time by not hanging up and calling back to get different rep.

Taking a poll: how often/how fast do you hang up and dial back to get a more knowledgeable rep?

Last edited:
Exact same thing happened to me just now, with a knowledgeable rep too, who still didn't get the effective date right. They forget to put down losing coverage today for the remaining spouse, to generate SEP for 8/1.

I guess they didn't remember that 10,000 seniors turn 65 every day when they built the system. There is no easy off ramp with O'care.

Exact same thing happened to me just now, with a knowledgeable rep too, who still didn't get the effective date right. They forget to put down losing coverage today for the remaining spouse, to generate SEP for 8/1.

I guess they didn't remember that 10,000 seniors turn 65 every day when they built the system. There is no easy off ramp with O'care.

So, now, they have put in an escalation to fix this, which will take at least 30 days, where if they had just done that one thing....anyway may be too late for a first line rep to fix, now that it's after 7/31.

Bigger things to fret over.

Thanks for info!

Just did another one of these, removed the spouse who qualifies for Medicare 9/1/15. By indicating the remaining spouse is "losing coverage 8/31/15, the SEP is for 9/1/15.

Thanks!

Back