National Health Care? ? ?

Not providing health care to their employees and since their pay to employees is so low they had to be covered by the state. We won. Walmart now offers health to almost all employees....in MD.

Not providing health care to their employees and since their pay to employees is so low they had to be covered by the state. We won. Walmart now offers health to almost all employees....in MD.

Yea, we had a long discussion about this before. By the way, wasn't that law struck down by a Federal Judge? Plus, exactly what is Walmart offering as a Health plan?

Well, the "Walmart Law" was reversed but we succeeded in forcing them to provide health care.

Walmart was making sure everyone fell below the 17.5 hours required to provide health care. They even went so far as to have employees work off the clock with no pay to avoid giving them the required hours.

Then because they made so little they defaulted on the state's free plan. So....Walmart hires them, engages in illegal activity to make sure most employees don't hit 17.5 and MD picks up the cost of their health care.

Also, Walmart hired those employees with the promise of "full-time" positions - then after training were scaled back and simply told they'd get more hours "soon."

Well, the "Walmart Law" was reversed but we succeeded in forcing them to provide health care.

Walmart was making sure everyone fell below the 17.5 hours required to provide health care. They even went so far as to have employees work off the clock with no pay to avoid giving them the required hours.

Then because they made so little they defaulted on the state's free plan. So....Walmart hires them, engages in illegal activity to make sure most employees don't hit 17.5 and MD picks up the cost of their health care.

Also, Walmart hired those employees with the promise of "full-time" positions - then after training were scaled back and simply told they'd get more hours "soon."

I wouldn't believe everything I hear about Walmart but some abuses are there as you would have with any large discount store. Yet, it would seem to me that Walmart won in the end, good for them defeating a nanny facsist State like Maryland.;)

Ps, hey you can really help, if everyone that complains about Walmart would stop shopping there I can not see how they could survive?

Back