Navigators and Assisters New Rules

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
In a slideshow designed to simplify new exchange helper regulations, CMS warn those who work with HHS-run exchanges against using automated communication systems. The slides are targeted to navigators, non-navigator assistance personnel and certified application counselors. Though, these regulations don’t apply to agencies, we anticipate seeing some that do.

The slideshow also deals with the difference in compensation models between the state-based exchange helper organizations and those run by HHS.

http://www.agentpipeline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/market-standards.pdf

It's starting to smell a lot like Medicare.
I don't know why they are re-inventing the wheel. They can very easily transfer Medicare's already draconian rules onto the new system. Easy. I just saved the government a gazillion dollars!
Also, they should add in the $175 AHIP certification as well as the 15+ hours of company recertification we have to do as well.

An assister who encourages a consumer to lie on his or her application for coverage might be subject to CMPs. This is because it would be a violation of a Navigator/non-Navigator’s duty to be fair, accurate, and impartial, and a CAC’s duty to act in consumers’ best interests, to suggest that it is permissible to lie on the application.

Hmmm, no one's doing that.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Tkruger;876483 says: "An assister who encourages a consumer to lie on his or her application for coverage might be subject to CMPs."

Is that Tasering!? It would be put on the highest setting for agents.

Tkruger;876483 says: "An assister who encourages a consumer to lie on his or her application for coverage might be subject to CMPs."

Is that Tasering!? It would be put on the highest setting for agents.

Civil Money Penalties = CMP's However I vote for TASERING too!

It's starting to smell a lot like Medicare.
I don't know why they are re-inventing the wheel. They can very easily transfer Medicare's already draconian rules onto the new system. Easy. I just saved the government a gazillion dollars!
Also, they should add in the $175 AHIP certification as well as the 15+ hours of company recertification we have to do as well.

Nope no can do....Well at least not without a blue ribbon committee and lengthy study process and until we have these in place please expect frequent changes as we work out or create new kinks.

In a slideshow designed to simplify new exchange helper regulations, CMS warns those who work with HHS-run exchanges against using automated communication systems. The slides are targeted to navigators, non-navigator assistance personnel and certified application counselors.

HHS should be giving Assisters an award instead of "warning" them. According to recent figures, assisters are responsible for enrolling 10.6 million of the 8 million who enrolled through Obamacare exchanges.
:goofy:

Excerpt:
"More than 4,400 consumer assistance programs created under the Affordable Care Act helped an estimated 10.6 million people explore their new health insurance options and apply for coverage during the initial six-month enrollment period, according to a new Kaiser Family Foundation survey."

Source: Survey: More Than 10 Million People Received Help From 'Assisters' - Kaiser Health News

I suppose all the people agents enrolled were non-existent "ghosts"?

ac

I think they might have finally distinguished "apply" from "enroll"

I mean it's that, or the fact that the data is based on self-reported figures from 843 of the best performing (and therefore, most willing to contribute data) programs out of the 4,445 they invited.

You know something is wonky with their methodology when "less than 5" is treated as 1, and "more than 75" is treated as 76 when discussing staff size.

The "30% of assistors have no prior experience helping consumers" figure is laughable.

Latest posts

Back