New and Confused. Seeking help

Camtono

Hey all, I am sorry if this isn't the correct forums for my question, but I am in a pickle and do not know who to ask.

I am a 29 year old male, and I am now living back at home and out of work due to serious anxiety and panic issues. I completed college last year and got a pretty good job, but lost it due to my problems. Since I am out of work, I have depleted my savings and my mother is having to pay for my health insurance now. She looked around and settled on a plan but its crazy expensive ( over $430.00 a month )

While the price is steep and causing financial issues, that's not the whole problem. The rest of the problem is what this insurance is covering. I went back to the doctor for the first time since January to get a routine checkup and blood work. I had my blood drawn, paid my copay ($35) and left. About a week later the family physician I see billed me $80 that the insurance didn't cover. Fast forward to yesterday, I received another bill from the family physician for $256.00.

I simply cannot stand that my mom is paying the money she is for my insurance, and we still get billed close to $340.00 after a routine Dr visit with blood work.

Before we go any further, and the main reason I am here, is to try to figure out what I can do to get more affordable insurance, or something that will cover more than what this insurance is covering for about the same price or preferably less.

The main issue we have, is that her income is over 70k a year so it makes it to where we cant get the more affordable insurance. Or at least it seems.

With all of this being said, do you all know of a way that I can obtain cheaper insurance that would actually cover more until I get back on my feet with her income being where it is? is there a way I could temporarily file for something that would help her? I just need something temporarily so I can help her our a bit until I get back on my feet. It's horrible she is paying this kind of money and getting the crappy coverage I am..

All help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: I want to add that going anywhere to seek psychological help is pretty much out of the question, as the prices are so high, and the insurance I have doesn't cover hardly any of it. I tried to start seeing a counselor but had to cancel after about 5 visits because the price that we were having to pay out of pocket after insurance was wayyy too much.

Hey all, I am sorry if this isn't the correct forums for my question, but I am in a pickle and do not know who to ask.

I am a 29 year old male, and I am now living back at home and out of work due to serious anxiety and panic issues. I completed college last year and got a pretty good job, but lost it due to my problems. Since I am out of work, I have depleted my savings and my mother is having to pay for my health insurance now. She looked around and settled on a plan but its crazy expensive ( over $430.00 a month )

While the price is steep and causing financial issues, that's not the whole problem. The rest of the problem is what this insurance is covering. I went back to the doctor for the first time since January to get a routine checkup and blood work. I had my blood drawn, paid my copay ($35) and left. About a week later the family physician I see billed me $80 that the insurance didn't cover. Fast forward to yesterday, I received another bill from the family physician for $256.00.

I simply cannot stand that my mom is paying the money she is for my insurance, and we still get billed close to $340.00 after a routine Dr visit with blood work.

Before we go any further, and the main reason I am here, is to try to figure out what I can do to get more affordable insurance, or something that will cover more than what this insurance is covering for about the same price or preferably less.

The main issue we have, is that her income is over 70k a year so it makes it to where we cant get the more affordable insurance. Or at least it seems.

With all of this being said, do you all know of a way that I can obtain cheaper insurance that would actually cover more until I get back on my feet with her income being where it is? is there a way I could temporarily file for something that would help her? I just need something temporarily so I can help her our a bit until I get back on my feet. It's horrible she is paying this kind of money and getting the crappy coverage I am..

All help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: I want to add that going anywhere to seek psychological help is pretty much out of the question, as the prices are so high, and the insurance I have doesn't cover hardly any of it. I tried to start seeing a counselor but had to cancel after about 5 visits because the price that we were having to pay out of pocket after insurance was wayyy too much.

I am sorry for everything you are going through, but appreciate that you are trying to find solutions, too!

You need to tell us where you are located, so an agent familiar with the plans/subsidy in your area can help.

I would say that you are too old to be considered he dependent which make your mother's income irrelevant. (That's a blanket statement and there are qualifiers.) You can elect Cobra if your former employer has benefits and meets the size requirements (20 or more employees) and you are within the election period. You also have access to ACA plans with subsidies based on your 2017 total income. You have to be within the ACA election period to buy that coverage now.

What insurance did you buy? When did you lose other (employer??) coverage? Give us specifics. Dates and details matter.

Latest posts

Back