New Enrollee on ACA Wants to Change Plans

policy doctor

Guru
1000 Post Club
Here it is the 18th and the client is having second thoughts. Wants to change carriers and he is on a subsidy plan (26K). Enrolled thru one of my web broker accounts.

What if anything, can I recommend? Tell him to call Healthcare.gov and be rid of him? I suspect he fudged on total household income too.

With no payment made, it's not effectuated.
Go in thru Welltheos and do life change with loss of coverage on 12/31 to create SEP, update income, and pick a new plan.

At least, that's my thoughts out of the gates.
And if you want to go thru the exercise.

Here it is the 18th and the client is having second thoughts. Wants to change carriers and he is on a subsidy plan (26K). Enrolled thru one of my web broker accounts.

What if anything, can I recommend? Tell him to call Healthcare.gov and be rid of him? I suspect he fudged on total household income too.

Get his authorization in writing, signed and dated. Then delete the account. Probably need to agree up front to delete as of end of January so that he has coverage for January. This is best way to get rid of the client.

Alternatively, just get him enrolled in the new plan, although most likely for Feb 1 start date. It's still open enrollment.

Either way, get his signed authorization regarding his income. Don't leave it to chance that he can come back to you when his tax bill hits $7,000.

Back