New to the Game

DonJohn

I'm starting out as an independent broker so I hope that you will be patient with me. Despite the fact that it may be going away, I recently completed the training and certified as an Marketplace Broker. Can I access the SHOP Marketplace on Healthcare.gov directly or am I required to select a web broker like HealthSherpa or ACA Express? I am a bit confused by this part of the process. Thanks so much.

I'm starting out as an independent broker so I hope that you will be patient with me. Despite the fact that it may be going away, I recently completed the training and certified as an Marketplace Broker. Can I access the SHOP Marketplace on Healthcare.gov directly or am I required to select a web broker like HealthSherpa or ACA Express? I am a bit confused by this part of the process. Thanks so much.

Parties over. You can empty ash tray and pick up the bottles.

You have two choices:

1. Directly with Healthcare.gov - Agent is not allowed to log in using customers information. But, you can look over their shoulder as client does the app.

2. Side by Side - using web broker entity (WBE), the agent can do the entire transaction. Preferred agent method.

I guess its best you ask that question here because if you call the marketplace you will get a different answer from everyone you talk to.

We have been selling health insurance leads over 14 years. Business dropped significantly (outside open enrollments) after Obamacare had been implemented. However, since last November, we are seeing more agents selling health insurance (may be short term or limited benefit), making enough money to pay $29 for an exclusive lead from over 30 states.

I suggest all to revisit your business case before giving up on selling health insurance.
Just my 2 cents!

Monti

BestInsLeads.Com
214-383-2101

Back