New Healthcare.gov Application (Beta Testing)

drnoitall33

So yesterday I was looking at something on freeerisa.com and this article caught my eye : benefitspro.com/2014/09/12/hhs-exchanges-test-healthcaregov-application-updat?t=enrollment (it won't let me post a direct link since I'm new here!)

I found it weird that after doing roughly 20-30 SEP apps over this summer, I hadn't seen it once.

This morning, I had two clients back to back enrolling on healthcare.gov. The first went through as usual, but the second sort of took me by surprise as apparently I landed on the "beta." It was roughly the same amount of questions, just in a very different format. Personally, I (so far) prefer the old way better, as I've done that a ton of times and can just fly through the app. This one took just a bit longer as I had to read the questions and figure out where certain things were.

Has anyone else run into the "new" version? Supposedly they're going to try and make that standard come open enrollment.

So yesterday I was looking at something on freeerisa.com and this article caught my eye : benefitspro.com/2014/09/12/hhs-exchanges-test-healthcaregov-application-updat?t=enrollment (it won't let me post a direct link since I'm new here!)

I found it weird that after doing roughly 20-30 SEP apps over this summer, I hadn't seen it once.

This morning, I had two clients back to back enrolling on healthcare.gov. The first went through as usual, but the second sort of took me by surprise as apparently I landed on the "beta." It was roughly the same amount of questions, just in a very different format. Personally, I (so far) prefer the old way better, as I've done that a ton of times and can just fly through the app. This one took just a bit longer as I had to read the questions and figure out where certain things were.

Has anyone else run into the "new" version? Supposedly they're going to try and make that standard come open enrollment.

2 things...

Welcome to the forum and two this would get more eye's on it in the Healthcare reform forum.

Was the new process hampered by it being the first time you saw it? How quick was the process?

To quote a "Fiscal Times" analysis this morning, "Healthcare.gov is Still a Mess."

Took me 3.5 frickin hours to do a family of four Enrollment today!

1. HC.gov reverted back to the 2014 O.E. account creation method of picking a UserName between 6 and 12 characters long that no one else on this planet has picked.

2. The "confirmation e-mail" took 15 freakin minutes to arrive.

3. The forking site encountered the famous "Unknown Error" 2 times and logged us off.

4. There were suddenly no friggin Pediatric dental plans available at the end!

OMG, what the phuck are we heading for, just 57 days from now, when new enrollments, re-enrollments, and plan change requests all collide?!?!
:mad:

To quote a "Fiscal Times" analysis this morning, "Healthcare.gov is Still a Mess."

Took me 3.5 frickin hours to do a family of four Enrollment today!

1. HC.gov reverted back to the 2014 O.E. account creation method of picking a UserName between 6 and 12 characters long that no one else on this planet has picked.

2. The "confirmation e-mail" took 15 freakin minutes to arrive.

3. The forking site encountered the famous "Unknown Error" 2 times and logged us off.

4. There were suddenly no friggin Pediatric dental plans available at the end!

OMG, what the phuck are we heading for, just 57 days from now, when new enrollments, re-enrollments, and plan change requests all collide?!?!
:mad:

Norvax. Sherpa. ACAExpress. Its SO worth it. I've been selling it to the people calling me for 1/1. Now I am getting referrals "Do you really have a way so I don't have to go hc.gov?"

----------

The answer is "yes'. This was on a CMS webinar last week or maybe the week before. Webinars are starting to run together. Anyway, it should work for about 70% of the new applicants. It is streamlined and instead of multiple pages, it takes 5-6 current pages and puts it onto one page. If it works, it should help. I'm too cynical to think it will work 70% of he time. 12/15 is going to be even uglier than last year. And February will be horrific.

Norvax. Sherpa. ACAExpress. Its SO worth it. I've been selling it to the people calling me for 1/1. Now I am getting referrals "Do you really have a way so I don't have to go hc.gov?"

KGMOM,

1. Please elaborate on your "selling it to the people calling me for 1/1" statement. Are you saying that you're able to SELL 1/1/2015 effective date plans as of RIGHT NOW, TODAY, with the WebBroker service sites?

2. You use Norvax+Sherpa+ACAExpress?! Awesome. Which one is the best for agent/laptop/client Face-2-Face sales? That's all I do.

2.5 Can't print on-site, but must save application data on hard-drive for e-mailing to client. (Can't do this with the application saved from HC.gov, as it's saved in a hokey format defies being opened by most common browsers.) Does Norvax/Sherpa/ACAExpress allows a simple save of the application that's easily opened by most browsers?

THANK-YOU for always sharing so much of your knowledge and time with your health insurance forum colleagues, KGMom!

-AC

I can say Sherpa does give you a screen shot of all the info before you check for eligibility. They email you a copy and the client along with eligibility statement. I have done 2 through Sherpa. One was very fast. The second one took 29 hours to get the enrollment determination. Sherpa has said that will be much faster when AEP starts. Will try again then.

Back