New Q&A from HHS - Navigators and Medicaid

is there any EVEDIENCE of what the hell navigators will do.... sounds like they will just camp out at the hospital and just only be able to take applications.... no sales or marketing... provide a source, im not looking for I thinks....

that comment is not directed at you billy, its at the rest of the masses

holy ****, I'm trying to make sense of this crap but wow.. In ref to the Medicaid expansion is seems as if a state does not go for the expansion but if you have someone who is eligible they will be able to purchase a policy thru the exchange and receive the proper deductions. man this is gonna be insane.

is there any EVEDIENCE of what the hell navigators will do.... sounds like they will just camp out at the hospital and just only be able to take applications.... no sales or marketing... provide a source, im not looking for I thinks....

that comment is not directed at you billy, its at the rest of the masses

How did you know that ambulance chasing is my #2 marketing idea for 2014. Joking......but you did just get my wheels spinning, and just came up with a hell of an idea for 14'.

YAgents, I will canvas lower west side of the Phoenix Metro Area, and you can take the inner city.

Better yet, you get Kmart and I'll take Wal-Mart.

Last edited:
Tall Leggy Blonde at the Mall Kiosk, Enroll in your Gold , Silver , Bronze or Platimun plan right here TODAY! No money down with coverage to begin the 1st or 15th, you choose, we enroll. Premiums too high? dont worry we'll Super Size you for free, oops I'm mean subsidize you ! :laugh:

Tall Leggy Blonde at the Mall Kiosk, Enroll in your Gold , Silver , Bronze or Platimun plan right here TODAY! No money down with coverage to begin the 1st or 15th, you choose, we enroll. Premiums too high? dont worry we'll Super Size you for free, oops I'm mean subsidize you ! :laugh:

hahahahaha..................

Not the worst idea if you're able to find a coffee shop or restaurant that's (A) independently owned, and (B) drawing a good daily crowd. Set up shop inside and meet with people as they come into the location. Steady stream of customers that haven't dealt with someone "face to face" before.

Not to mention the potential cross-sell opportunities.

Tater, saw this:

Task force officials say states could either wait to find out what CCIIO's parent, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), really thinks about navigator regulation, or go ahead on their own and base navigator standards on the standards already applied to agents and brokers who sell Medicare supplement plans and other health insurance plans to seniors.

And then, there is no way HHS will be ready with training navigators, and will ultimately kiss our arse to help enroll people at the last minute:

Dennis Smith, the Wisconsin health services director, talked about the PPACA provision requiring the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) -- CCIIO's parent -- to have navigators ready to advise the consumers using federally run exchanges in Wisconsin and a number of other states by late 2013.
To meet that goal, HHS will have to train workers to understand the Medicaid eligibility rules and other program eligibility rules in Wisconsin and other states with federal exchanges in just 10 months, Smith said.
"It's a little hard to accept that," Smith said.
NAIC panel develops navigator licensing framework | LifeHealthPro

Tater, saw this:

Task force officials say states could either wait to find out what CCIIO's parent, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), really thinks about navigator regulation, or go ahead on their own and base navigator standards on the standards already applied to agents and brokers who sell Medicare supplement plans and other health insurance plans to seniors.

And then, there is no way HHS will be ready with training navigators, and will ultimately kiss our arse to help enroll people at the last minute:

Dennis Smith, the Wisconsin health services director, talked about the PPACA provision requiring the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) -- CCIIO's parent -- to have navigators ready to advise the consumers using federally run exchanges in Wisconsin and a number of other states by late 2013.
To meet that goal, HHS will have to train workers to understand the Medicaid eligibility rules and other program eligibility rules in Wisconsin and other states with federal exchanges in just 10 months, Smith said.
"It's a little hard to accept that," Smith said.
NAIC panel develops navigator licensing framework | LifeHealthPro

yep... its sounding more and more like Christmas for us health brokers... navigators will be like nothing more than the "call ctrs' we compete against now in the MAPD market... thay are not competition, they are the joke of the industry.

how many can pass a test like this... few. and how many will pass a background check that WE have already passed.

MAPD is 90% pass rate (I recall). Why would you become a nav man when you could just let the broker community run with this. NAV are no longer scaring me... its game on... a massive MAPD like AEP.... HERE... WE...GO.....

like I have said, its going to be just like enrolling for advantage plans and if the comp is 300 a head and 150 renewal we are going to be fine.... buckle up boys, obamacare will take care of you

Back