Obamacare Predatory Practices

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Like many of the agents on this forum, I have received calls, emails and letters originating from healthcare.gov regarding my "application".

Of course I never registered with hc.gov and never made application.

Didn't seem to matter. Taxpayer dollars were being used to try and "convert" me.

Today I get an email from a long time client. Seems she was hoodwinked by the wonderful people at hc.gov

I may need your help. I'm on the phone with Humana. On December 31st, I got a call from ObamaCare that said they were automatically enrolling me in the Gold Plan for $760/month. I told them I already had Silver coverage and I didn't need or want the Gold coverage. They said there is nothing they can do and that I was liable for 3 months of coverage. I am going to talk with my credit card company to deny the charges. This seems to be a flaw either with ObamaCare (most likely) or with Humana.

Of course she is now past open enrollment and may not be able to unwind this mess.

Certainly is wonderful when the govt uses my tax dollars to swindle my clients.

I am coming to the conclusion with all the crap the navigator's do (had a story today I'll go over later) that they may be receiving a bonus for signing so many up. I just can't believe the things they are doing to these people.

It is a foregone conclusion that if a client calls the Marketplace about anything that there is a better than even money chance that the client will no longer be yours.

The Marketplace reps (and the Marketplace) don't care about us, we are irrelevant.

I am coming to the conclusion with all the crap the navigator's do (had a story today I'll go over later) that they may be receiving a bonus for signing so many up. I just can't believe the things they are doing to these people.

the "bonus" is their newly created hourly job...and they will take thir time...

Another agent had his client snaked away by hc.gov and put in a plan that did not have their doc or hospital in their network. The agent said they had discussed carrier X during OE and ruled them out for that very reason.

Clients have short term memory issues and often assume if the govt is telling them this is what they should do then they follow that "advice" blindly ..... even when it is to their detriment.

So glad buying health insurance is now like buying an airline ticket.

Latest posts

Back