Obamacare Rates

Grouper

Expert
Florida
I just saw my first Obamacare 10-50 employee group insurance proposal for 2014. The group in question has 30 employees covered. It sure is ugly. Bear in mind that group insurance is already guarantee issue, so this rate increase is due to the new rate structure, taxes and mandated benefits.
Comparing benefits that are as comparable as I can get:
Male rates under age 30 increase by 300% from the 12/1/2013 proposal I am comparing it to. Female under 30 goes up by 33%
Male age 34 is up 240%, female age 34 is up 38%
Male age 42 is up 79%, female age 42 is up 32%
Male age 49 is up 82%, female age 49 is up 59%
Male age 53 is up 63%, female age 53 is up 67%
Male age 59 is up 62%, female age 59 is up 69%
Male age 62 is up 31%, female age 62 is up 55%

The biggest problem with our health insurance was not that we needed better benefits, it was that the rates were unaffordable.
Obamacare to the rescue!
Wait until the public starts seeing these rates in a month. I think there will be Obamacare fans having second thoughts.

Re: Obamacare rates !

This whole western medicine thing is way over rated and nobody can afford it anymore.

We should be seeing a resurgence of the "Faith Healers" and "Tonic" salesmen from days of old.:D

I like the resurgence of "eat healthy, live healthy, be healthy".

I know it's a crazy concept, but there's these nuts out there that insist if you watch what you eat, exercise, and address issues before they become problems that you will live a longer, happier, healthier, more active life.

We willingly and consciously make ourselves sick and unhealthy and expect doctors to "fix" whatever we manage to "break". The vast majority of a doctor's time is spent treating ailments fully in the patients control. We'd have a wildly different system if this wasn't the case.

My new health plan is very affordable. When I am feeling poorly, I just go to the nearest Revival Meeting, my "doctor" calls me up to the stage, slaps me on the forehead and shouts out "Satan be gone", and I am good to go until my next check-up.

Back