Obamacrap EHB and HHS Joystick

The group that is really screwed is the group with 50-100 lives. At 50+ they're required to provide insurance, and will still be beholden to the EHB levels.

Good luck with that.

The group that is really screwed is the group with 50-100 lives. At 50+ they're required to provide insurance, and will still be beholden to the EHB levels.

Good luck with that.

NFIB is mostly small business, self employed, fewer than 5 employees.

This will impact rates for those businesses as well IF they provide group insurance. As it now stands, groups under 50 are not required to pay or play but if they do play it will be costly.

Quoted a 2 life group this AM and rates for a $5,000 deductible copay plan started at $1700/mo standard rates and went all the way up to $2900.

This husband and wife group has several health issues and will be hit with the max rate up of 70%.

I have been seeing stuff like this since last summer, shortly after Obamacrap was passed.

Probably just a coincidence . . .

All this is great.
We NEED this to happen. They can crow about their HCR accomplishments all they want but, do you think folks like your client are going to agree come election day?

http://youtu.be/AEZi15HKcIg

Gets good about 29 secs. in ...

Last edited:
So many unintended consequences, it's scary. How's this one S
Small business that is growing has 40 employees or so. If he has more than 50, all hell will break loose. What would you do if you were him/her?

You know Al, it's probably too much to ask for you to show others some respect and not question their motives unless you know them. Maybe some agents are greedy but guess what, there are a lot of greedy people in all fields. The six figure income earned by my agency (after 20 years of hard work btw) unfortunately doesn't go in my pocket to subsidize my diamond and bon-bons addiction. It goes to my employees, my rent, my advertising, and oh yeah - TAXES.

Maybe I've bought a few diamonds and bon-bons, but you know what, it isn't a crime to make a living and to enjoy life. But alas, I know you are just trying to get a rise out of people so I won't take you seriously. Still, it didn't make my happy to have to lay a couple of employees off at the beginning of the year due to our pay cuts by the insurers so I just felt like I finally had to comment at least once. I'm done now.

Hi. Al here. I'm posting under Chumps' account (since we are the same person and that has been proven!)

Single-Payer isn't coming. I just say that to bug you guys. I'm struggling like many of you and it makes me feel better.

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebAl was used in this post

There are several carriers writing 2+ groups. Blue, Aetna, UHC, Humana, Allied, KP, Assurant, Coventry . . .

All of them lose money on mini groups. No surprise there.

Back