Oregon Health Exchange

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Ain't goin' to happen.

What happens to the Exchange if the entire Affordable Care Act is overturned?

The subsidies and tax credits made available as part of the Affordable Care Act will help drive enrollment to the Exchange. If this federal assistance is lowered or eliminated, the corporation will adjust its enrollment and financial projections and consult with the Governor and the Legislature to determine whether it is feasible to move forward. If the federal start-up funding is reduced or eliminated, the state is under no obligation to move forward with the Exchange. If this occurs, the Exchange corporation will consult with legislators and the Governor on next steps.

Rick

I love it so far! I recently read somewhere that Ore is on the front of developing it's exchange and to date has gotten some whopping 30+ million from the feds for this effort under the push by Gov K. If this turns out to become a "model" for other states, the only thing I could wish for more than the tooth fairy is some sort of renewals in addition to the new business commission.

Im looking at the new health care and wondering if at the end of the day it might not look strikingly similar to Medicare. The govt runs Part A/B, you have your private plans writing supps and/or MAPD, and agents are able to earn a little gravy for themselves in the whole thing.

Two interesting bits of info. The first is that the exchange will be paid the commission and then send it to the agent. Why?

The second is a line in the draft that states the commission payable is determined by the standard commission levels "as established by the participating issuer".

I dont care if its paid first to the state, to me that is irrelevant. After all you will receive your money from the state, I think you can rest assured they are good for it. Secondly, here in Washington we've seen the carriers begin to go to a $25 per per person per month enrollment flat fee commission already, so I would expect much more than that. Nothing less would be nice, but I guess that will remain to be seen.

I dont care if its paid first to the state, to me that is irrelevant.

If you have ever had problem getting paid from an FMO multiply that by 10x if you are waiting on the state to pay you.

After all you will receive your money from the state, I think you can rest assured they are good for it

Can't figure out if you are simple minded or foolish.

If you want to get paid by the state, go for it.

I don't want any part of it.

Back