Out of Control Prices? How Bout Group Medical Visits?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-31/future-medicine-forget-private-doctor-appointments-group-medical-visits-are-coming

In a group visit, exams and tests are still conducted privately, but patients discuss their ailments in front of the group. The theory is that each patient can learn from the others’ experience, and doctors get to have a longer, more relaxed discussion instead of hopscotching to three or four exam rooms in an hour. “You have one appointment with 10 observers,” says Marianne Sumego, an internist at the Cleveland Clinic. “Patients are really getting the equivalent of 10 visits.”

Ummm, Im not sure how I feel about this. Would you rather pay higher prices or have group copays??

That might be kinda embarrasing. I can't imagine talking about my mammogram with Doc and 9 other strangers.

I wonder how many pages the HIPAA form would be?

Yea... doc, that last bp medication has a little ed side effect, got anything else?

Not having conversations like that in front of "group".

That might be kinda embarrasing. I can't imagine talking about my mammogram with Doc and 9 other strangers.

I wonder how many pages the HIPAA form would be?

It's like something out of a prank TV show. Come to get your STD panel results and your grandmother's knitting club is there for the show (and to ask which brand of adult diapers leaks the least).

What's next, are they going to post results on Facebook and tag you?

Back