Poll: Will the March 31st Deadline Be Extended?

Will Open Enrollment be extended past March 31st?

• Total voters
I think AC is on to something. However, the backlash from insurers may make him stop.

My vote is that it will be extended. How long? That is the question! I think one month or more, but not all of 2014.

There is no doubt in my mind that Obama will extend OEP until the election, that is all these political hacks give a crap about.

He is also going to extend the non-grandfathered plans for a few more years, at least they got that right.

The insurance companies will complain about huge losses and the government will have to eat the excess claims over 80% MLR as well.

By the time this is all done, the only thing really accomplished long term will have been to create more affordable plans for high risk people and low cost health insurance for the poor.

Everyone else, except those whose agent told them to hang on to their current plan in the hope they would be extended (like many of mine) are screwed big time.

OEP all year for individuals. (I disagree with Ann on this one. The more people the insurance companies get, the happier they will be)

Individuals extended indefintley.

Small Group extended to 1/1/2016

Large Group plans forced to comply 1/1/2015

I had 3 meetings this morning. And if I say one more time "Today's answer is X. Tomorrows answer depends on what the President says today" I may just lose it.

But I am with FLM2, unless there is a really good reason, hold until forced to move.

If they announce a massive extension, it's just going to make the procrastinators wait longer. From a business perspective, multiple shorter extension makes more sense, although I can see how from a political perspective that would look bad. But since when did that matter?

most of the cancellation notices coming out this fall will be group coverage related. millions and millions of them. Is that correct?

In Texas, we allowed the individual policies to renew 12/1 and extend to 12/1/14, so I think its state by state. Its group and individual.

It is very likely OEP will be extended until 12pm (noon) on April 1, 2014.

This will allow everyone 12 more hours to enroll, which should be more than sufficient. I predict a very busy day.

It is very likely OEP will be extended until 12pm (noon) on April 1, 2014.

This will allow everyone 12 more hours to enroll, which should be more than sufficient. I predict a very busy day.

When it comes to this particular law, agents need to take off our logical, business owner, insurance representative hat. Instead, understand that an ego driven politician-dictator-messiah, encountering no resistance, who promised heaven to all who votes for him, wants the LEGACY that HE is the one who brought universal healthcare coverage to this country...one way or another.

Back