Poll: Will the March 31st Deadline Be Extended?

Will Open Enrollment be extended past March 31st?

• Total voters
April 15th or June 15th. It would make more sense to extend to Apr 15th since the ones we write after March 15th will be effective May 1. June 15th is what some thing at a major insurer. I don't see all year. But it would be wise only to announce in small increments or it will kill the business until then.

Last edited:
Friend of Obama, Andrew Boron, head of the Illinois department of Insurance, has notified QHP issuers that if they want out, they must inform his office prior to April 1st, or stay and take what's coming without whining.

I smell a looong extension to open enrollment announcement on April Fool's Day.
ac

Obama administration officials said Tuesday the March 31 enrollment deadline for health law exchanges in 2014 would not be extended

Per Kaiser email

Obama administration officials said Tuesday the March 31 enrollment deadline for health law exchanges in 2014 would not be extended Per Kaiser email

So what does that mean? Absolutely nothing in my opinion.

They can't say anything now, or procrastinators will delay more. I expect march 29th announcement of 1 month extension

I see NOTHING ONLINE or ANYWHERE about an extension or non extension. It would make no sense to announce ANYTHING now as people will simply wait to apply. I would suspect IF anything is announced, it will be typical Friday afternoon before 3/31/13 like all other announcements.

I see a two week extension. Absolutely no way the system will be able to keep up with demand in the final week of March. An extension will be required, why not extend it to April 15th since that's the cut off for May 1st effectives anyway.

Back