Preparing For 2015 Open Enrollment

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Allen, thank-you for the research that you do, and for keeping us updated. Your skills at research are top-notch.

Allen, If you weren't so damn ugly I'd kiss ya....lol

Hey wait just a second here that stuff is over a month an a half old.
You're slacking man!

Last edited:
Allen, If you weren't so damn ugly I'd kiss ya....lol

Hey wait just a second here that stuff is over a month an a half old.
You're slacking man!

The article I posted today was from April 30th...TODAY. Just kiss my Obama Avatar, HouCoogster. That will satisfy ya!

March 18, 2014

This URL links to a "letter" (47 pages!) sent to health plan issuers from CMS to help them plan for 2015.

2015 Annual Letter to Issuers: http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Regulations-and-Guidance/Downloads/2015-final-issuer-letter-3-14-2014.pdf

It doesn't look like there are any new company requirements that would adversely impact our ability to sell, or our commissions for 2015. Agreed?
-ac

p.s. I'll add related items for 2015 to this thread.

Looks like current clients can stay with the same plan without "reenrolling".

Wonder if they have to requalify for the APC again?

A QHP that was certified in 2014 and that is recertified in 2015 can maintain the same plan and HIOS identification numbers that it used in 2014. Additionally, current enrollees in recertified plans will remain enrolled into the new benefit year, as long as those enrollees do not terminate their coverage.

Thanks for pointing that existing QHPlans can be retained, Duaine. Hopefully the stars will line up properly to keep premiums from increasing too much. So far, I haven't heard if the subsidy amount will be indexed upward to keep pace with average premium hikes. Hopefully it will be.

Still awaiting the IRS Clawback and CMS Subsidy Adjustment & Cost Sharing Adjustment rules for 2014 and 2015 plans to be announced as well. There are several potential land-mines in the ACA for subsidy recipients...depending on what the government chooses to enforce and how strictly they choose to do so.

Thanks for pointing that existing QHPlans can be retained, Duaine. Hopefully the stars will line up properly to keep premiums from increasing too much. So far, I haven't heard if the subsidy amount will be indexed upward to keep pace with average premium hikes. Hopefully it will be.

Still awaiting the IRS Clawback and CMS Subsidy Adjustment & Cost Sharing Adjustment rules for 2014 and 2015 plans to be announced as well. There are several potential land-mines in the ACA for subsidy recipients...depending on what the government chooses to enforce and how strictly they choose to do so.

So AC looks like one Boogeyman down just two more potentials to go. Will you rest then? Or will get that sinking feeling and start a new hunt? Boo!:err:

So AC looks like one Boogeyman down just two more potentials to go. Will you rest then? Or will get that sinking feeling and start a new hunt? Boo!:err:

I'll rest EASIER once it's assured that 2014 subsidized clients will have an acceptable (10% or less) 2015 premium increase and that the vast majority of them will not need/want to do another subsidy application. If they do another APTC application, they probably would want to change plans and/or deductibles.

I want to focus on 1.) NEW business and 2.) Converting BCBSIL/AETNA/HUMANA non-ACA clients to ObamaCare if Illinois or the carriers choose not to extend them past 12/31/2014. Not re-writing 2014 business. Do you share this sentiment brother HouCoogster?
ac

Back