Privacy Statement Requirement

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just wondering what you will be using to notify clients this year about the required privacy statements?

AOR. letter, carrier pigeon?

See attached for the requirement.

Attachments

• ACA Consent Form.jpg
    ACA Consent Form.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 30
I decided to put it on my youcanbook.me appointment setter page as a required consent check box and included the text and agreement in Email confirm sent to me.

Required Privacy Consent:

By checking this box, I give consent to ____________, Licensed Health Insurance Agent, to gather any private information necessary to assist me with analyzing and enrolling in a Marketplace or other insurance plan . This consent begins today, and has no expiration date unless withdrawn by either party or you cease being a client. All personal information will remain confidential.

How can we make this better?

By checking this box, I give consent to ____________, Licensed Health Insurance Agent, to gather any private information necessary to assist me with analyzing and enrolling in a Marketplace or other insurance plan . This consent begins today, and has no expiration date unless withdrawn by either party or you cease being a client. All personal information will remain confidential.

Thanks, I will work on the wording and post a reply or we could use this?

Is the last one a question to the group? If so I would probably add something to the effect of what is in a HIPAA disclosure.

"Such revocation shall have no effect as to the extent ______ or the Marketplace relied upon the use of such information to secure me coverage. Also, ____ and the Marketplace will comply with all legal requests for such information and it may no longer be considered private."

I'm sure that can be written better, but it is quick and dirty.

Back