Quote Engines, Web Brokers, Subsidy Calculators

allen, I think that's good for us... and listen to little eheralth cry a river... f'em

But TaterPeeler, I was thinking more along the line of Yagents. If e-health isn't allowed in the door, neither will Norvax, Gohealth and the others that we use?

Please let us know why you think ehealth being put on ice is good, from our perspective. Is it because you want to sell direct, using the exchange website, carrier links, etc..?
-Allen

allen, I have only made about 2 sales in my entire lifetime off norvax.... the only thing these things are good for is lead gathering... I call every single lead I get and I run the quotes off the answers to the questions I ask.... norvax is a cluster-puck when it comes to figuring out wtf it says plans wise...

all I need is the ability to quote all plans at one time and if using a fill out your info form and comes to me and I call back and use the CMS site, that all cool

I use Norvax's competition (Quotit), and I really like the spreadsheet. But clients don't. It's confusing to them, and they want an agent to listen to their situation and their needs, then point out what plan fits best. Don't get me wrong, Quotit's list of plans is VERY user friendly, clear and concise. But any "exchange" can't substitute for a human adviser. So, I quote with Quotit, but it really just becomes a reference tool.

So, it's not efficient to use separate carriers' websites, but honestly, if I have any sort of tool that quotes a carrier's plan (and hopefully many carriers' plans) side by side, it's the tool I need. Moving to the website of the chosen carrier from there is less efficient, but doable.

I use Norvax's competition (Quotit), and I really like the spreadsheet. But clients don't. It's confusing to them, and they want an agent to listen to their situation and their needs, then point out what plan fits best. Don't get me wrong, Quotit's list of plans is VERY user friendly, clear and concise. But any "exchange" can't substitute for a human adviser. So, I quote with Quotit, but it really just becomes a reference tool.

So, it's not efficient to use separate carriers' websites, but honestly, if I have any sort of tool that quotes a carrier's plan (and hopefully many carriers' plans) side by side, it's the tool I need. Moving to the website of the chosen carrier from there is less efficient, but doable.

right there with ya mamma..... I do the same thing... and if ehealth is not selling products then all is goodie for me... to heii with them

The state exchange website will likely be confusing to the average person, but at least all available plans will be listed. You just need to know how you want to sort them and then click on the "Find Your Doctor" link within the plan that is most desirable from a cost/benefit standpoint. At least that's how the www.healthcare.gov site was set up before HHS revised it last month. Now it doesn't deliver any quotes.

But if you're shopping for a non-exchange plan, Quotit/Norvax/GoHealth would be the preferred tools?

Last edited:
Guess I'm the lone wolf. I like Norvax, despite some problems that frequently arise. We'll see how they handle the Exchange challenges.

I rarely speak to customers (I'm talking about customers, not sold leads). I don't recommend doing that, but it leaves me time to write content, which takes up 85% of my time.

Honestly, I'm kinda happy that NY isn't letting web brokers in the exchange. I think it's hilarious after all the pro-PPACA lobbying, conferences, seminars, news appearances, etc.

Norvax/HealthConnect/other quote engines shouldn't be crippled, this is merely the revocation of integrated subsidy calculation/ eligibility / status. They will still be able to offer off-exchange options, and on-exchange base rates at the very least. Honestly, we already know the subsidy calculation formulas, so there is no reason they couldn't provide them "pending exchange approval", or something along those lines, based off of stated (unverified) income/status.

allen, I have only made about 2 sales in my entire lifetime off norvax.... the only thing these things are good for is lead gathering... I call every single lead I get and I run the quotes off the answers to the questions I ask.... norvax is a cluster-puck when it comes to figuring out wtf it says plans wise...

all I need is the ability to quote all plans at one time and if using a fill out your info form and comes to me and I call back and use the CMS site, that all cool

excellent point.. how many actually enroll online with no agent support? I would estimate under 1% for me. I do get a surprise from time to time ( usually over the weekend ) but not very often.
Every lead should be called and every lead should have something in writing mailed . JMO

Cheers

October 16, 2013

Those waiting for their favorite Web Broker (i.e. Quotit, Norvax) to be connected to the Marketplace will have to wait a little longer than the "middle of October" estimates they were giving us earlier this month.

Excerpt:
"The brokers say the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services didn’t act fast enough to let them integrate their websites with the IT systems supporting the federal insurance marketplaces. They hope to get everything linked up with the feds in the coming weeks."

Story: Web brokers on standby, waiting to sell Obamacare plans - Jason Millman - POLITICO.com
ac

Back