Quoting & Enrollment Engines for 2017

TxOnline

Guru
100+ Post Club
Value Penguin is quoting 2017 plans.
For a QUICK quote, they can't be beat!

I think I'll use Sherpa this year for my clients to self-enroll.
It's just SIMPLE & FAST...without all of the clutter on other engines.
I sure MISS seeing MOOP for the clients (again); but the faster & simpler ease-of-enrollment is most important for me.
We've already discussed their choices & plan selection by the time they enroll, so I want speed & simplicity for THEM.

Does anyone use a wonderful engine that quotes On AND Off-Exchange plans?
I sure need one....that will be up-and-running on Nov 1st.
That, of course, excludes Quotit & Norvax.

Value Penguin is quoting 2017 plans.
For a QUICK quote, they can't be beat!

I think I'll use Sherpa this year for my clients to self-enroll.
It's just SIMPLE & FAST...without all of the clutter on other engines.

did you know that sherpa is going to require the redirect from sherpa to the ffm. Aint no client gonna finish that due to account creation at the ffm and id verify.

I suggest calling Kenny at ACA Express, he will hook a bruther up

He also can import your sherpa into aca express

Is anyone thinking or using both systems? One for auto enrollment and other for agent enrollment?
Talking about Sherpa and aca express.

Is anyone thinking or using both systems? One for auto enrollment and other for agent enrollment?
Talking about Sherpa and aca express.

My question would be.. WHY?
- Having customer and prospect data in two systems? Winner: ACAExpress
- Better customer support? Winner: ACAExpress
- Ancillary product integration (coming soon) of NatGen products? Winner: ACAExpress
- FMO? Winner: ACAExpress is not an FMO or similar

:cool:

did you know that sherpa is going to require the redirect from sherpa to the ffm. Aint no client gonna finish that due to account creation at the ffm and id verify.

A client of mine, eligible to choose a plan effective October 1st, used HealthSherpa to enroll, with no redirect. Was kind of interesting in that Sherpa staff anticipated my client WOULD have that problem....but they didn't.

Never turn your back on computers....

I suggest calling Kenny at ACA Express, he will hook a bruther up

He also can import your sherpa into aca express

Yes, I know about mandatory redirect.
But, the Sherpa experience (prior to redirect) beats the ACA-X experience (prior to redirect) in my most humble opinion.

ACA-X is just so cluttered (in comparison).
And, it even takes ME longer to compare & pick-a-plan than on Sherpa.

I know that ACA-Express is agent-friendly for most of you. And Kenny has my utmost respect for listening to the agent community & responding.

I DO have an ACA-Express account & use it for back-up emergencies.
I'm not looking for the cheapest kid on the block, either.
I'm looking for a smooth client experience (for self-enrolling).

It's kinda like using Google vs using ANY other search engine.
Google is just faster, simpler & less cluttered.
I cringe every time I have to use another search engine (than Google).

Why spend money on a quoting tool when comish is 0%? :err:

Are you selling at 0%?

What's the reason?

Why spend money on a quoting tool when comish is 0%? :err:

Are you selling at 0%?

What's the reason?

First, not all carriers are at 0%. In fact most On Exchange are paying commissions. Granted some have changed to PMPM or lowered commissions.

This time around the key is FOCUS. Focusing on specific states and many times down to specific zips/counties so as to target those which are paying commissions.

BCBS TX for example is, for Tier 1 agents, at 5%. Last year was at 6%. Would agents rather have at 6%? Of course. But with the increases in premiums the difference will in many instances be non existent or neglible when comparing compensation. Molina went to PMPM which, depending on past production with them and your contract, ranges from $12 to $18 or $20. Family of four then is ~$64 per month using $16 as the PMPM. I saw a quote for a family of 4 on 2017 rates which came in at ~1,000 (before subsidy). So the PMPM is actually $4.00 higher compensation.

Of course YMMV

To the prior post, true but how great is it if you cannot get support or do not have the tools you need....

Is your tool for On Exchange only?

First, not all carriers are at 0%. In fact most On Exchange are paying commissions.

Who is included in your “most” statement?
0% Humana, Aetna, Cigna (UHC- GONE!)

BCBS TX for example is, for Tier 1 agents, at 5%. Last year was at 6%. Would agents rather have at 6%? Of course. But with the increases in premiums the difference will in many instances be non existent or neglible when comparing compensation.

Doubtfully, too many prospects/clients will be drawn to a 40+% increase in rates on 2017 plans. Doesn’t matter if comish is 3-5%.

Is your tool for On Exchange only?

First, not all carriers are at 0%. In fact most On Exchange are paying commissions.

Who is included in your “most” statement?
0% Humana, Aetna, Cigna (UHC- GONE!)

BCBS TX for example is, for Tier 1 agents, at 5%. Last year was at 6%. Would agents rather have at 6%? Of course. But with the increases in premiums the difference will in many instances be non existent or neglible when comparing compensation.

Doubtfully, too many prospects/clients will be drawn to a 40+% increase in rates on 2017 plans. Doesn’t matter if comish is 3-5%.

Do you have a book of business you would like to give me in Texas?

Back