Random Thoughts, Ramblings, Ideas, Questions, Etc..

A Navigator, Champion for Coverage and Certified Application Counselor walk into a bar. The cost of beer is too expensive for a patron, and the guys want to help. What happens?

There is a taxpayer subsidy for the 2nd lowest price beer.

Keystone is generally the cheapest price but not available in all areas. In areas where Keystone is available the next lowest price would be Bud Light Lime.

Otherwise default to Rolling Rock.

Should the patron decide to upgrade to a real beer, the bartender is obligated to credit the price of the 2nd cheapest beer towards the cost of the upgrade.

If the patron cannot prove they are 21 either the navigator, Champion or CAC will vouch for their eligibility and tip the bartender.

QUESTION - FEEDBACK DESIRED:

Last year I invested many hours attending online and in-person trainings for Aetna, Humana, Blue Cross, Assurant. It turned out that the only company I sold was Blue Cross. All the others turned out to be 20% to 30% higher premium-wise. So far, none of them are saying that they're excited to offer lower premiums in IL that will match or beat BCBS. They just want you to register to attend their series of Webinars. I'm tempted to bypass all trainings but BCBSs' this year.

Where you live, is it worthwhile to attend trainings and to 2015-register with more than 1 or 2 carriers...even before 2015 premiums are known?
-AC

I like to listen to webinars after they've been recorded, so I can read the slides and fast-forward through the recording! Sometimes you pick up nuggets of information, particularly about specific details of their product or network, which is great to know in a competitive situation. Otherwise, I'm being selective about webinars. Even more selective about physical meetings!

QUESTION - FEEDBACK DESIRED:

Last year I invested many hours attending online and in-person trainings for Aetna, Humana, Blue Cross, Assurant. It turned out that the only company I sold was Blue Cross. All the others turned out to be 20% to 30% higher premium-wise. So far, none of them are saying that they're excited to offer lower premiums in IL that will match or beat BCBS. They just want you to register to attend their series of Webinars. I'm tempted to bypass all trainings but BCBSs' this year.

Where you live, is it worthwhile to attend trainings and to 2015-register with more than 1 or 2 carriers...even before 2015 premiums are known?
-AC

I only go to physical meetings if they are required by the carrier and, like Ann, much prefer to listen to the recorded webinars rather than live, it is a far better use of my time.

One of the best things about no longer representing Florida Blue is that their required all day meetings for Medicare certification (and their multiple road shows for ACA plans) did not appear on my calendar this year. They spew so much garbage during those meetings by the time you are finished it's time for the dry cleaner and a shower.

I'm going to BCBS (its 2 hours long and 10 minutes from me). The UHC webinars so far have been 15 minutes long. The others....probably not.

I'm registered with all of them and they will appear on Norvax quotes. I expect BCBS to still be #1 on rates for the HMO with UHC #1 on Choice vs the BCBS PPO. (There's no OON benefit on Choice). I probably won't sell much else.

I have enough people annoyed with BCBS that I expect some movement to UHC Choice.

BTW....I can't remember what thread it is on, but you were asking about BCBS bonus being announced. It hasn't, but with UHC offering the $50 per app bonus, I would be shocked if BCBS didn't offer something close.

There is NO way that UHC can do a worse job then BCBS has. Especially on the HSA plans. Billing, network issues, etc.

And there will be cost savings with the network change. And since everywhere I want is in Choice (UT Southwestern and MD Anderson), it will be doc specific and I think it will be fine.

I lost faith in UHC years ago when they couldn't even update their filings. I had clients that called looking for rate relief (instead of calling me) and were switched from a regular plan to a Saver plan. One of them later had a hospital stay and of course the inpatient charges were denied.

Don't you think that was fun?

Of course I didn't find out about the switch until AFTER the claim.

If there is any way for UHC to weasel out of a claim, they will.

Back