Random Thoughts, Ramblings, Ideas, Questions, Etc..

I lost faith in UHC years ago when they couldn't even update their filings. I had clients that called looking for rate relief (instead of calling me) and were switched from a regular plan to a Saver plan. One of them later had a hospital stay and of course the inpatient charges were denied.

Don't you think that was fun?

Of course I didn't find out about the switch until AFTER the claim.

If there is any way for UHC to weasel out of a claim, they will.

Those are the issues I have with Aetna! I don't have claim/service issues with UHC.

To be fair, that's what I said about BCBS this time last year :)

Those are the issues I have with Aetna! I don't have claim/service issues with UHC.

To be fair, that's what I said about BCBS this time last year

Maybe they left Aetna and went to work for BX. Then they leave and go to UHC.

Ya never know where these folks will turn up.

Let's hope Insurers won't move our pay to 2nd year renewal commission on 1/1/2015 when all 2014 plans "renew" on that date...even those that are effective mid/late this year.
ac

Hi,
That's what I'm worried about. If all the plans terminate on 12/31, many of them will not be on the books for even 6 months and instead of regular commissions, we will receive renewal only.

9-30-2014

It's September 30th and lots of notices going out tonight from Insurers to clients all over the country.

1. Policy being cancelled 12/31/2014
2. 2015 Premiums coming out in many places.
3. Subsidized Policy being cancelled due to non-receipt of requested information.
4. What else?

Will the subsidized cancellations be like recissions..that is, back to the effective date, since the plan was obtained under what HHS would term "fale pretenses"? Gosh I hope not.

Some company websites are locked-up due to so much happening at this time.
ac

Last edited:
Retroactive cancellations (or recissions) are no longer allowed under Obamacare. Subsidized or not, if you were issued a plan and misrepresentation was involved the carrier could not cancel retroactively.

This was true prior to 2014 when the carrier could still ask health questions.

Retroactive cancellations (or recissions) are no longer allowed under Obamacare. Subsidized or not, if you were issued a plan and misrepresentation was involved the carrier could not cancel retroactively.

This was true prior to 2014 when the carrier could still ask health questions.

WHAT A RELIEF! Thank-you for your 20,487 contributions Mr. Somarco.
ac

9-30-2014

It's September 30th and lots of notices going out tonight from Insurers to clients all over the country.

1. Policy being cancelled 12/31/2014
2. 2015 Premiums coming out in many places.
3. Subsidized Policy being cancelled due to non-receipt of requested information.
4. What else?

Will the subsidized cancellations be like recissions..that is, back to the effective date, since the plan was obtained under what HHS would term "fale pretenses"? Gosh I hope not.

Some company websites are locked-up due to so much happening at this time.
ac

Loading new rates, we got our's yesterday through their website.

Loading new rates, we got our's yesterday through their website.

Are the new rates 17.9% higher than last year?

---------------------------
I'll add this to the overall conversation-Assurant is keeping FYC at the same level as last year and boosting renewal commissions for years 2+ as well.

Are the new rates 17.9% higher than last year?

---------------------------
I'll add this to the overall conversation-Assurant is keeping FYC at the same level as last year and boosting renewal commissions for years 2+ as well.

For the most part, it sort of average's out that way.

Back