Reasons for Implementing Failed Programs Nationally

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
For good reasons, the question comes up over and over again here: If the guaranteed issue states have seen nothing but cost and failure why do so many of them want to see the feds go down the same route? Why don't they (my state included) just smarten up and return to a more free market system?

As discussed (and as hard is it is for others to believe), it doesn't work that way. These states are up to their eyeballs iin program costs and they can't wait for the feds to take it over and then they will just dump everything on to the feds and get out of it. Then they will declare victory for being pioneers.

Health care reform is all about cost shifting. Shifting costs to the insurance carriers, shifting costs to the feds, shifting costs to consumers. Very little going on in the way of cost saving. Practically nothing in fact. The program in my state is a complete failure. The goal of the month is to try to move as many people as possible off of it and on to medicaid to hold costs down. Man, that is some zippy plan.

Anyway don't expect the guaranteed issue states to sound the alarm. Most of them are run by pinkos who implemented the failed programs they have. However, that does not mean that the other states can't look at them and invite people to smarten up.

See attached link. Same crap in New Jersey. Maybe the agents there see it differently. That's fine. My point is only that in failed states the pinkos are more likely to want to go onward and upward to single payer rather than back to more free market. They destroy the free market and then use that as the rationale for single payer. This is how socilialism works in several industries.

NorthJersey.com: Health care reform's payoff

I took a quick look at the posted rates on NJ's state website. Celtic charges $14k per month (yes, that's $168k per year) for a family with a $1k deductible. I bet people are running out to sign up for that one. I think I would take my chances at the rates they have posted.

Odd you should post that Winter. I was thinking something along the same lines over the weekend.

Mandate 100% coverage for everything and GI. When the rates go through the roof the people will be crying for a govt takeover and will be glad to go on Medicaid.

Devilishly intelligent.

That being said, I don't think the Congress critters are really that bright to plot such a plan. More likely, it never occurred to them it would work out that way but they will be glad to take the credit any way.

Depending on what comes out the other end, it won't miss it by much.

BTW, I did a word count earlier on the House & Senate bills. The word "tax" (including variations such as taxable, etc.) appear 214 times in the House bill and a whopping 583 times in the Senate bill. In all fairness, some of the time it refers to a tax credit, tax payer, taxable income, etc but still . . .

Between the direct taxes, there are several indirect taxes that a word count won't find. All the provisions that result in higher premiums, higher cost of medical equipment, higher drug prices, etc. are all taxes.

Back