Sep Commish 2017?

HCSC Blue Cross states are paying same as did during OE. Have to go through a certification they put together though.

What is different from this year compared to last. This year BCBS is paying SEP and last year they didn't. Does anybody know?

What is different from this year compared to last. This year BCBS is paying SEP and last year they didn't. Does anybody know?

Either

A) They actually ARE worried that with the demise of hc.gov for 2018 or 2019 that keeping us happy is worth the piddly amount they pay us

Or

B) The systems are so screwed up due to the HPS conversion they can't figure out NOT to pay us in SEPs

One of those.

Great article on the climate of the ACA, brokers, SEP commissions:
http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20170405/NEWS/170409972

Summary: ACA biz has gone to heck and brokers, who did good work, historically signing up 50% of ACA biz, are exiting.

Interesting parts: "The CMS is also teaming up with HAFA to investigate the prevalence of unpaid broker commissions."

And: "The National Association of Health Underwriters are also working with the CMS on a new rulemaking. The group met with HHS Secretary Tom Price last month to discuss whether broker commissions could be carved out before a plan calculates its compliance with the ACA's medical loss ratio."

I know this is from Modern Healthcare, but I hope mainstream media picks it up and does more articles on how cutting commissions negatively impacts the ACA market. Perhaps at some point more carriers will understand the value of broker supported business like Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. (Um, except, ya know, they aren't paying SEP commissions either.)

P.S. My favorite line is from the Pennsylvania carrier that talks about not paying SEP commissions- “Because of widespread concerns regarding the eligibility verification of many members who enter the market through special enrollment, Highmark does not pay broker commissions on any SEP enrollment." It's funny because they ALSO DON'T PAY OEP COMMISSIONS! Forgot to mention that tho :D

Back