Seventeen Health Insurers File More Than 230 Plans for 2015 - Average Proposed Rate Change 8 Percent

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Washington State:

OLYMPIA, Wash. – Seventeen health insurers have filed more than 230 individual health plans for 2015 both inside and outside the Exchange, Washington Healthplanfinder.

The average proposed rate change for the individual market is 8.25 percent. This represents the lowest requested average rate change in seven years.

The plans, provider networks, and rates are currently under review. Because the insurers have limited claims experience with these plans, they will have to use other data to justify any rate changes.

“I’m pleased to see the health insurers show an increased interest in the individual market and to see rates come in relatively low,” said Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler. “Consumers certainly deserve more choices, but we will scrutinize the proposed rate changes very carefully. It’s on the health insurers to justify any rate change and they know our review will be thorough and complete.”

Twelve insurers filed 114 individual health plans for sale inside the Exchange, Washington Healthplanfinder. If approved, the number of Exchange plans would increase from 46 to114. Eight insurers currently have plans inside the Exchange.

Also, 10 insurers filed 119 individual health plans for sale outside of the Exchange, raising the potential number of non-Exchange plans from 51 to 119. If all are approved, the number of insurers will stay the same. The total number of plans available may change during the review process.

All proposed individual health plans and their rates must be reviewed within 60 days. The review may take longer if Kreidler’s office requests additional information. The Health Benefit Exchange selects the deadline for certifying all plans for sale in Washington Healthplanfinder. Once approved, all rates take effect Jan. 1, 2015.

Once the final rates are approved, premium will vary depending on where someone lives, their age, whether or not they smoke, and which plan they select.

Seventeen health insurers filed more than 230 health plans for 2015 – average proposed rate change 8 percent

Respectfully Insurance Doctor Duaine, this needs to be in the State of Washington sub-forum. There are a lot of state filings and other state-related news articles coming before the next O.E.. The state-specific sub-forums were developed in 2013 as containers for these topics... making them easily accessible to those looking for information about their state. Thank-you.
-Allen

Sorry Allen, I don't check each and every state forum, and appreciate any insight into 2015 rates to be posted right here in this general forum.

If you don't like it, don't read it. If it doesn't belong, it's the moderators job to move it over. Every been checked for OCD? JK:D:D

Respectfully Insurance Doctor Duaine, this needs to be in the State of Washington sub-forum. There are a lot of state filings and other state-related news articles coming before the next O.E.. The state-specific sub-forums were developed in 2013 as containers for these topics... making them easily accessible to those looking for information about their state. Thank-you.
-Allen

Gosh...didn't know that anyone ever read the other link... :goofy:

I'm still waiting for him to answer my question on how much the fuel cost was... There was an over and under on that due to the plane possibly being overweight....

I think I averaged about 8.5 gallons per hour. Haven't totaled up the fuel costs but my best guess would be around $1,100. Avgas isn't exactly cheap.

However, the airport with the best service and nicest people was Hutchinson County Airport in Borger, TX. Also, the fuel prices were about as low as we saw. http://hutchinsoncountyairport.com/fuel.php

Rick

I think I averaged about 8.5 gallons per hour. Haven't totaled up the fuel costs but my best guess would be around $1,100. Avgas isn't exactly cheap.

However, the airport with the best service and nicest people was Hutchinson County Airport in Borger, TX. Also, the fuel prices were about as low as we saw. http://hutchinsoncountyairport.com/fuel.php

Rick

you know, that aint that bad... cross country and that thing seats what, 4? 300 bucks a seat sounds good.... I need a plane. I will dream through you....congrats

I also want joes tour bus

Back