Sherpa, AcaExpress and Creating Accounts

The main reason for a short time that some might want an account is to print out their 1095-A, so they can file for a tax refund now, before the form comes in the mail, which could be up to mid-Feb. according to Marketplace rep yesterday, when I got one of those client calls.
Most existing accountholders have to reset their password anyway, if they signed up earlier in 2014. Marketplace was helpful with one of those clients. Also helped with how to find the "Tax Forms" link inside the account, not always obvious.

This thread was started because of a concern about customers being able to access their own account through HC.gov. My concern is this. I used web broker sites for the first time last year with great success. The two I use the most allow you to access the clients account through a Marketplace Access link. Up until last week I was able to access my clients account and upload forms when necessary and see any changes that were made to their account. For the past week there are many accounts that I cannot access. They say NO MATCH FOUND. Adding the application ID and SSN# also yield no results. Usually I only need the date of birth to pull the account. Has anyone else has the same issues.

One web broker said the only solution is to contact the Marketplace but I do not want the nightmare and waste of time from 2014 OEP. And I do not want to lose control to the Marketplace. I don't think this is a high priority issue with CMS since they are working hard to cause headaches for OEP 2016 with their last minute upgrades. :skeptical:

This thread was started because of a concern about customers being able to access their own account through HC.gov. My concern is this. I used web broker sites for the first time last year with great success. The two I use the most allow you to access the clients account through a Marketplace Access link. Up until last week I was able to access my clients account and upload forms when necessary and see any changes that were made to their account. For the past week there are many accounts that I cannot access. They say NO MATCH FOUND. Adding the application ID and SSN# also yield no results. Usually I only need the date of birth to pull the account. Has anyone else has the same issues.

One web broker said the only solution is to contact the Marketplace but I do not want the nightmare and waste of time from 2014 OEP. And I do not want to lose control to the Marketplace. I don't think this is a high priority issue with CMS since they are working hard to cause headaches for OEP 2016 with their last minute upgrades. :skeptical:

100% spot on... I am seeing the exact same thing

When you know for a fact it exists, you just need to keep on trying to bring up the account. I delete and re-type the names, capitalize the first letters, etc

It eventually comes up. Now, I haven't tried any look ups in the past week.

I've tried all combinations misspells moving hyphens in hyphenated names. Nothing brings up the accounts. They were accessible two weeks ago without trying any crazy tricks so they should still come up the same way. This feature is essential for old accounts that we want to update this year.

If it's not working by next week I'm going to start but not submit a new application with duplicate information to see if that will pull the old application. I don't know if it will work but for me anything is worth a try. There's no point in emailing CMS. Agents are low priority and our input is worth even less.

Happy OEP. :D

Quick question about Sherpa. I haven't used any of the web broker options yet, but planned on it for this year. After submitting the app via health sherpa, does it tell you the "approved" subsidy amount (like if one was submitting via HC.gov)? Or does it just tell you the "estimated" subsidy?

Last edited:
Quick question about Sherpa. I haven't used any of the web broker options yet, but planned on it for this year. After submitting the app via health sherpa, does it tell you the "approved" subsidy amount (like if one was submitting via HC.gov)? Or does it just tell you the "estimated" subsidy?

It estimates it first, and it's usually correct. When you submit the app, if the actual subsidy is different, it gives you the option of cancelling the app submission, or approving the difference and proceeding. Almost immediately after submitting, you get a copy of the eligibility cert.

It estimates it first, and it's usually correct. When you submit the app, if the actual subsidy is different, it gives you the option of cancelling the app submission, or approving the difference and proceeding. Almost immediately after submitting, you get a copy of the eligibility cert.

Sounds good, thanks Ann

Back