Sherpa, AcaExpress and Creating Accounts

ameneses54

Guru
100+ Post Club
Although both of the options offer blazing fast processing and so so fast, they still have one great inconvenience, and that's that you're not creating a Marketplace account with full customer access using a username and password.
Even through the backdoor "access option", you can start an app but in no place do you establish a username and password.
What's going to happen when customers want to access there accounts?
The answer would be that as the agent you would have to help them do it going through the whole cumbersome procedure, or you tell them to call the Marketplace--both entitle time and maybe a non compliant unhappy customer. The problem is compounded if you need to create an account during SEP because you won't have qualifying events.
If I'm missing something, please enlighten me.

Last edited:
My reply here is rhetorical, not stating this is a proper way to enroll anyone: Why do they need to have a "full" hc.gov account anyway? When you want to reenroll them in year 2 or 3, why can't we just do the same thing, Sherpa the application, get a new subsidy determination letter...and reenroll them in same plan with updated subsidy amount in year two or three? Why do they need a "full" hc.gov account with login?

My reply here is rhetorical, not stating this is a proper way to enroll anyone: Why do they need to have a "full" hc.gov account anyway? When you want to reenroll them in year 2 or 3, why can't we just do the same thing, Sherpa the application, get a new subsidy determination letter...and reenroll them in same plan with updated subsidy amount in year two or three? Why do they need a "full" hc.gov account with login?

Even though I understand your point of view from the agents vantage point, some customers want to have access on there own to the account. Having said that, it's also comforting though not always convenient in the "retaining customers perspective" that the client is accountable for his mishandling in the future. How about if the customer wants to report a life change on his own?

Last edited:
Mishandling what in particular? I apologize I dont understand. Lets keep this discussion going so we can both learn, thank you.

Mishandling what in particular? I apologize I dont understand. Lets keep this discussion going so we can both learn, thank you.

What I mean is that an agent can manage all inputs withing the Marketplace laws and limitations, so if a customer inputs anything outside boundaries on his own you're exempt.
One last thing that comes to my mind. I really don't know what happens if you try to do a new Sherpa app using the same info of an existing policy. Never tried it!
Last but not least, I'm not going to pay $25 Sherpa dollars to continue on the same policy changing income etc. and receive no commission.

Last but not least, I'm not going to pay $25 Sherpa dollars to continue on the same policy changing income etc. and receive no commission.

Right. Wouldn't make sense to pay $25 for every life change a client needs to report. They can just call the Marketplace and do that. I don't think many people reported minor income changes to the Marketplace in 2014.

How about if the customer wants to report a life change on his own?

1-800-318-2596....................................................................

People enroll in many ways where they don't have access to an account "online".
Ehealth, Carriers, 800# hc.gov ect......
Believe it or not some people do not own a computer or even want to own one.

1-800-318-2596....................................................................

People enroll in many ways where they don't have access to an account "online".
Ehealth, Carriers, 800# hc.gov ect......
Believe it or not some people do not own a computer or even want to own one.

Excellent point I had not considered--takes a load off my back

I was advised by the Sherpa that for cic just redo the app... they do NOT re-charge you 25 bucks... one charge per social security per enrollment period

Excellent news TaterPeeler! Thanks for sharing all these gold nuggets you dig up with your fellow/lady agents.

It's too bad there are so many Sherpa threads containing good tips like this. Will suggest that they put a policies & procedures document up on the site, now that Health Sherpa is a certified success.

Back