Short Term Health Insurance with HIIQUOTE

salesgirl

Expert
I'm interested in talking to anyone who has previously worked with HIIQuote selling their STM. Since the new laws on short term, my company is going to be selling a lot of their STM. I'm not familiar with their reputation? Anybody have any knowledge that would be useful to me?
Please try not to be nasty in your responses!! I'm just curious about their reputation among agents.:)

They seem to be okay. I recently contracted with them. I think the number of plans they offer gets confusing especially if you send a link to enroll. Have you looked at individual MEC plans?

Well I'm not going to try to not be nasty, because lying shills like you "Salesgirl" are the bane of this forum.

How you can not be familiar with HII when its one of only TWO STM carriers your outfit even uses? Are you saying that, up until now you only sold UH1 STMs?

HII has been banned from many states because of unethical tactics by their sales reps. Which means it will be a perfect carrier for you to offer! :skeptical:

I'm interested in talking to anyone who has previously worked with HIIQuote selling their STM. Since the new laws on short term, my company is going to be selling a lot of their STM. I'm not familiar with their reputation? Anybody have any knowledge that would be useful to me?
Please try not to be nasty in your responses!! I'm just curious about their reputation among agents.:)

IMO I think they suck. They take forever to call back. Terrible service matter of fact one of the worst I've encountered. When you do talk to them they don't have answers. I haven't dealt with them in 3 years so maybe they improved but that was my experience.

What is your obsession with me, Papercutter?? Not that it's any of your business, but the majority of my STM business in the past has been with United. HII was always a second choice, but that's changed since the new STM rules came out. (Which you keep insisting I'm lying about, despite not knowing what the heck you're talking about.) I'm trying to get a feel for their reputation so I know how to respond to clients when selling them.

I'm sorry that I'm using this forum to educate myself and others, instead of just launching unwarranted personal attacks and spreading unpleasantness. I thought this was a space for dedicated insurance agents who are interested in bettering their business, but people like you are the reason real agents stay away.

Was the policy put in place via CMS that followed through on the guidance released last year?

Googled...Googled...Googled...Googled...and gave up looking for the answer on my own.

Was the policy put in place via CMS that followed through on the guidance released last year?

Googled...Googled...Googled...Googled...and gave up looking for the answer on my own.

Yes. Received notification from HCC about 2 weeks ago that they are dark in like 15 states right now (as of 4/1) waiting DOI approvals on the newly-filed 3-month STMs.

And a carrier isn't following the CMS guidance and Licensed agents whom should know are still selling their products?

Please....tell me this isn't so...

If you read the law (https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2016-26162.pdf), it specifically states that you cannot have a STM policy longer than 3 months, and you cannot have a policy renew.
What it does NOT say, is that you cannot sell multiple, separate, 3 month policies to one client.
HII isn't the only carrier to interpret the law in this way; several short term carriers agree and are doing the same thing. In addition, several state DOI and insurance commissioners have given their ok to these type of plans. Personally, I'm also inclined to think our Republic president would also look favorably on this interpretation of the law.
I know that HII has dealt with reputation issues in the past, but I believe that their change in management and complete restructure of their business model is a good sign. I know in the past they used high-stakes call centers to hawk their products, but it seems they are now partnering with more reputable and experienced agencies. Judging from the answers in this thread, it sounds like they have a bad rep among agents, but I guess I'm more concerned about their rep among clients. A quick Google search shows most of their bad reviews are years old. I'm hoping these get better over the year. (We all know clients only write reviews when something goes wrong)
It's encouraging that their stocks seem to be up- at least stakeholders trust them! (And before anybody jumps down my throat, no, I know NOTHING about stocks haha)

Back