So Sick of Incompetence

Uh oh.....Navigator screw up? Not many of these find the media outlets

Baltimore man frustrated over health benefit exchange mistakes | Medical Alert - WBAL Home

Had a very similar situation occur with a client in MS. Started in Jan 2015 old carrier was billing still even though we canceled in the system. Was told had to get the MP to send over updated info that the plan was termed...this was finally completed in Feb. Put in a call to the MP and they canceled both 2015 plans...the wrong one and the right one...

Not only that, but the carrier did a retro termination (even though they took payment every month) and refunded premiums back to March.

It ended up such a mess trying to get it corrected due the the ineptness of the MP...that I had to get the MS DOI involved which started to get some traction.

If that wasn't bad enough I had been told by the carrier that an updated 834 file came over terminating the clients 16 plan 7 days after I enrolled him.

The system is broken beyond repair. You have call center workers making $ 15/hr that have no drive to do it right...It's time to scrap and roll this back pre 2014.

~~~~~end rant~~~~~

So, a new one for me today.

Client gets a letter saying he has not turned in his income verification documents yet. Dated March 9th. Only problem, he was never asked for income information with original application. Go through backdoor, no way to upload (does not show the red temporary eligibility). Letter is dated in November, no changes have been made. He has not called on his own.

He read me the letter, it is definitely the same one that others have gotten. I mailed the docs certified mail, signature required, but otherwise no way to upload. Application number matches exactly.

Anyone experience this?

I

Yes, this happens when they did 2 apps during OEP, or did a life change after dec 16th. It's the same app #, they just changed plans or something after the original app was done..

The first determination letter DID have the income verification request.
The second does NOT have the request, and the upload button disappears.

But, the first app request still lingers, and is required still to send in via mail

I asked them, and they stated they had not called or done anything since we originally applied. That is what is so weird. They don't have an email, so it was done call-in to the marketplace with me on the phone. I did notice on further inspection of my notes on this case that now they are using the full amount of subsidy (based on billing information in the carrier portal) but when we called in, they deliberately held $50 a month back in subsidy because their income fluctuates a bit. So that is different and definitely wasn't done by me (or by the client according to them).

I wonder if someone at the MP messed them up and then "fixed" it over the phone, and this is the result. Sheesh.

When I decided in the fall to stick my foot in the IFA on and off exchange waters, I would have never imagined the number of screw ups that occur, almost always at the fault of Healthcare Marketplace. Insurance company seems to process just fine. All the little hang ups on the government end. I think it would work better if the insurance company collected the income info because they would keep up with it to get paid.

It wouldn't be the first time on either of those, lol.

I mailed everything in with delivery confirmation and signature required, that was all I can do. We shall see.

Back